Norman in mid June

How is the bass fishing in the middle of June? Topwater early? Docks? Deep?
    Need to switch some vacation plans and am considering renting a lakefront house. Swimming off of dock is almost as important as the fishing.
    I have fished here a few times in April and caught a lot of small bass.

2. Member
    If you are planning to be there on the weekend, I'd fish until about 10 am and then go swimming or take a nap. Go back out around dark. Norman is the worst lake in the state for pleasure boat traffic, at least of all the ones I've been on. During the week should be fine. Lake is loaded with Alabama spots. Stay shallow for bigger LM, but will not be nearly as many bites. That's probably the most information you'll get out of this crowd, especially around Lake Norman. There are a lot of guys on here that are very good on that lake and consistenly catch good bags, but they are not very forthcoming or helpful with info.

Night fishing is really good. A lot better than day fishing.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    Night fishing is really good. A lot better than day fishing.
    Agreed.

5. Member
    Thanks guys. Fishing until 10 am would be fine. Just don't want to struggle. Might even plan Monday through Friday.

6. Banned
    Fishing is definitely more consistent at night. Day fishing is good though, really good if you can figure it out. You can literally catch fish from 6 inches of water to 60 foot of water during that time. Depending on water temp/clarity there may be some schooling going on. Best advice is stay above 150 bridge. There are 2 very different fisheries below and above that bridge especially in the summer. It’s a fun place to fish. Some complain about the spots, I personally love them. Some complain about the boat traffic......the ski boats keep a lot of fisherman away during the day and I would much rather deal with 1000000000000 wake board boats than deal with fishing behind someone. You won’t have any problem getting away from people.