Question 2014 Mercury ProXs 225

Hey everyone I’m looking at buying a boat this weekend and it has a 2014 Mercury ProXs with 210 hours. Just wanting any info on the motor with good or bad experiences, or any known common issues with them? Good or bad line of motors for that year? Any info is greatly appreciated, thank you!

2. Member
    All outboards are ticking bombs IMO but I have a 2004 Merc Optimax 225 with 581 hours on it and it has been flawless since new. I am a bit of a maintenance nut though. Great motors if you take care of them and do the required maintenance.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tabbert94 View Post
    Hey everyone I’m looking at buying a boat this weekend and it has a 2014 Mercury ProXs with 210 hours. Just wanting any info on the motor with good or bad experiences, or any known common issues with them? Good or bad line of motors for that year? Any info is greatly appreciated, thank you!
    Overall good engines- and those hours aren't bad at all.

That being said- see the following link from the FAQ section:

Checkout Recommendations for a Used Engine

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Thank you!!!!