Thread: Set up ?

Set up ?

I purchased a 2019 z18 boat on closeout last fall. I broke in the motor and put it away. To make a long story short the past couple weekend's I've fished some team deals and with power poles two guys full live wells full gas tank and a full tournament load the boat takes a little longer to plane than I'd like. I asked on the Chris Bailey sponsor forum if his product would help. He responded if my boat is set up correctly yes. I asked what that is and another gentleman answered prop motor height and load distribution. Can someone please help me fi fire this out. I just want to get out of the hole quicker. I'm running a fury 3 blade 23. No idea of motor height. Weight is what I assume every one does. Rods on passenger side tackle in middle life jackets and rain gear on drivers side.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    It seems there might be a problem with the interface between the driver's seat and the steering wheel. All kidding aside, is it safe to assume you have a 150 without a jack plate. Here is a link on measuring PTP. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=157208

Get back to us when you have that figured out.

ETA: If you are running a four stroke then your prop may be too much.
    Last edited by remaly181; 05-18-2020 at 10:54 PM.

3. Member
    I have a 175 4s w Hydro jack plate and am running a 22p tempest. poles, full load 2 guys, tops at 62 loaded. with a full load does take a moment longer then empty but not horrible.
    2019 z18 175 ProXs 4 stroke, DC, 10 Ft Power Pole Blades, Relion lithium batteries, Ghost trolling motor, Lowrance Live's, SS structure, Airmar TM150, Vessel View Link, PowerPole Charge.

Its always gonna take longer with livewells full. What is your RPMs at WOT full trim.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

5. Member
    Thank you guys for responding unfortunately I don't know any of the information asked for however I will get that for you guys asap.

6. Member
    Prop to pad is 3.5 inches.
    Last edited by Will1029; 05-19-2020 at 04:49 PM.

7. Member
    Ran same boat alot with the cb marine foil on it and a cb marine foil will absolutely help you get on plane quicker. A second and I thought better benefit to it was being able to run a little under 20 mph on plane with the nose down in rough water.
    2020 Nitro Z20 250 Pro XS

8. Member
    At wot full trim I'm running 5980 rpm and 59.6mph.

9. Member
    I'm running a 150 pro xs 4 stroke

10. Member
    So? Foil or no?

11. Member
    Just me, but I would say no. Your boat was designed to easily operate under normal conditions without one. There are other things that bring better performance such as having the correct prop and having it worked. I haven't been around too many 150 four strokes, so I don't know what is the right prop for yours. That said, I see a lot of 250 four strokes running 23p props.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by remaly181 View Post
    Just me, but I would say no. Your boat was designed to easily operate under normal conditions without one. There are other things that bring better performance such as having the correct prop and having it worked. I haven't been around too many 150 four strokes, so I don't know what is the right prop for yours. That said, I see a lot of 250 four strokes running 23p props.
    I'm not gonna lie I don't know $h/+ about props or any of the like so wich direction should I go?

13. Member
    Foil will help you and has no downside
    2020 Nitro Z20 250 Pro XS

You got plugs in your prop vent holes? If so try pulling one out at a time, to see if that helps. Sounds like your getting the right RPM on top.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    You got plugs in your prop vent holes? If so try pulling one out at a time, to see if that helps. Sounds like your getting the right RPM on top.
    The vent plugs are in a plastic bag in my basement.

what r u rpms during holeshot? Sometimes too much ventilation can cause slower holeshot.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team