Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 8theB8 View Post
    Guess good thing I run a Motorguide? I'm not worried about a thing. There's enough people running lithium on enough trolling motors now that if they were burning them up it would be thread city!
    Agreed on the thread city.

2. Member
    I have been contemplating switching to Lithium's when my Optima's need replacing.
    2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
    2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO SS Prop
    Lowrance Elite 7Ti in console
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI on BBT Bow Mount

Humminbird Helix 10 SI on a BalZout @ Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 - 24V i-Pilot Link
    Transducer Shield Mount
    Custom step in place of center seat
    Trick Step

3. Member
    Received the batteries this morning! Editing install video now. If I leave the new charger out of the boat I will have shaved 142.4lbs total!

Now I just need to lose 25 pounds!

4. Member
    Little on the long side cause I can get to talking when I'm excited lol but you can skip to the good stuff....about 9:50 in. (YouTube music is ONLY to cover otherwise silent sections)

Used them for half a day today...will update when time allows.

Last edited by 8theB8; 06-15-2020 at 12:02 AM.

5. Member
    I like the information you pass along in your videos including this one. My rt178 came with a aluminum mounting plate for my dual pro charger and it is around 3/32 inches thick fairly thin. It measures 13 7/16 x 9 inches and has 2 bends 15 degree up about 1 1/2 inch long. I am sure any thing close would work or I think Ranger still sells them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Member
    Appreciate it! Appreciate the info too! I can see the need for the 15 degree bends. I'll do a little research but I'm pretty sure I'm going to leave it off. I fished a combined 11 hours due to weather the past two mornings and I'm only down to 64% on the trolling and 78% on the cranking. Wish I would have done this two years ago!

7. Member
    Appreciate it! Appreciate the info too! I can see the need for the 15 degree bends. I'll do a little research but I'm pretty sure I'm going to leave it off. I fished a combined 11 hours due to weather the past two mornings and I'm only down to 64% on the trolling and 78% on the cranking. Wish I would have done this two years ago!
    Awesome!

I checked with them and he suggested 2 - 50 AH for the trolling motor and 1 - 100 AH for the cranking / graphs.

He said my NOCO Gen 3 would suffice but I might go with the Ionic charger as well.

I don't have 31 AGM's in mone so the weight savings will be much less but it will be a good bit.

Transducer Shield Mount
    Trick Step

Running Lithium 24v with power pole charge. Live on a lake, and fish daily. Best combination I have had. Have fish several tournaments, and the charge keeps the lithium and Northstar x2 cranking battery with plenty of juice. Can fish a couple days without plugging in. Using the lithium on Ultrex.

Snapchat-95138916.jpg

33.jpg

Batteries after an 8 hour tournament.
    Screenshot_20200419-173013_C-Monster.jpg

9. Member
    Absolutely the best fishing investment I've ever made! ZERO regrets! Going to go ahead and mount the charger this weekend.

10. Banned
    Great video. Is there a simple trick to draining the gas tank? It looks as if you had it drained and the top off

11. Member
    Absolutely the best fishing investment I've ever made! ZERO regrets! Going to go ahead and mount the charger this weekend.
    Thanks for posting the video. I look forward to the long term updates on this setup. I have the interstates as well and may make the jump to this setup as soon as the interstates start to sag.
    2019 Ranger RT188
    Thomas Martin

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishfinger View Post
    Great video. Is there a simple trick to draining the gas tank? It looks as if you had it drained and the top off
    I used a hand pump like this: https://smile.amazon.com/Koehler-Ent...2361545&sr=8-2

Then I cut the fuel line near the vent and connected it and pump it to start the siphon and let it fill the 5 gallon jugs.

I had to do it when my fuel got stale!

Transducer Shield Mount
    Trick Step

13. Banned
    Good idea, that seems simple enough. I wasn’t sure if you did that as some type of safety precaution while changing out the batteries.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12