Youghiogheny Dam - FISHING reports on hold

It was too cold two weekends so I didn't go. Then I hurt my back and last weekend was a no go. Then comes this Thursday. I have my surgery that was postponed back in early March.

I know how long it will take to be able to take my boat out. That's going to be mid July.

So I'm looking for a ride if you need a partner.

2. Member
    Good luck with the surgery. Speed recovery

3. Member
    Thanks. Sucks having the boat off the water. Keep catching those bass on the Yough. Keep safe.

4. Member
    Surgery was done today. It looks like I will not hit the water until July.

5. Member
    As long as you get healthy the fish can wait.

6. Member
    Sutures out today. For some reason the right hand is healing faster. It is great not having tingling and loss of sensation in my fingers. For some reason my strength is coming back a lot faster in my right. Who knows I might make a fishing outing in June. The only thing I can no longer do is use the heal of my hand like a hammer. There isn't any protection the nerves any more.

So Steiny did you save me any bass?

7. Member
    The bass are safe, no worries there. Was out last evening, went for the main reason to see how the boat ran after i moved the motor up again. We caught fish but nothing big. As for the boat with the wind and the chop i did get 65 mph 3/4 tank and prop is now at 3 1/2" instead of 4". I did see some walking it was hard to make a good run in the conditions so not going to say its good yet. I go fish slim on my hands so all in all i was a happy camper. Glad your are feeling somewhat better and a hammer always feels better than the heal of the hand anyhow.

8. Member
    I feel bad about the chine walk. Mine has never shown a bit of it at speeds even over 70. I know people say you have to drive through it or you have to take quick corrections with your hands. To me a good hull should not require any of this. Is it in the set up? I couldnt tell you because frankly im not that smart. Im going to have to let you drive my boat some weekend. It just glides so smoothly at top speed.

I hope you get it set up correctly. I will tell you I tried something stupid. I made a 90 degree turn at high speed. Well the Skeeter reacted great but it's something I'm never going to try again. Don't try it you are guaranteed to loose a few lives.

9. Member
    Sorry was double post

10. Member
    I think it is a set up issue but some boat will just do it i guess. Now it can also be a weight issue which i would say is also a set up thing. And say you took a turn at high speed did you ever see a skeeter do a 360 turn, yep i said a 360 turn. Look it up on youtube, search for skeeter 360 and you will find it. Now i know i will never have the guts to try it even in a skeeter.

11. Member
    Lol well that's what happened. Started as a 90 and then I was looking from where I came.

12. Member
    Best of luck on your recovery
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance