Lithium battery setup

Has anyone put lithium batteries in their avx? Wondering what a good setup would be to replace the crank and trolling motor batteries.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sj88 View Post
    Has anyone put lithium batteries in their avx? Wondering what a good setup would be to replace the crank and trolling motor batteries.
    Had to cut up a battery tray to fit my trolling side by side.

The starting battery is the original but I'll be replacing that with the Amped Outdoors starting battery tomorrow. Gonna get some 1" starboard cut up as spacers to fit the OEM tray.

I also mounted my charger on top of a piece of starboard so the charger doesn't make direct contact with the aluminum hill hopefully to minimize chance of electrolysis .

Last edited by BoatNoobie; 05-18-2020 at 04:18 PM.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    That looks very clean. Lots of room left over.

4. Member
    how good are the amp-ed outdoors working? pleased with them?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    how good are the amp-ed outdoors working? pleased with them?
    Hopefully next week, will be my first time using the Amped Outdoors starting battery.

The lithium batteries you see in the pictures are actually from GSL Engery/KS Engery. I bought these directly from China last year. I've only had them out an handful of times but so far, yes I'm pleased with them.