Thread: buyer beware

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

buyer beware

Has anyone ever purchased or dealt with Towne Marine in Bloomsburg?

2. Member
    A buddy of mine bought a used boat from them and is picking up a new Skeeter from them tomorrow. He's on the board. Username is ColdSVT.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

3. Member
    ya I bought a used 2016 skeeter a few months ago, and having issues and they are giving me the cold shoulder.

4. Member
    They have been shutdown due to the corona virus. The support folks haven't been able to come in. They were just able to open this week, I believe.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

5. Member
    I don't think they can open until 5/22. Unless marinas had some exemption put in the last couple weeks. But I know they were closed for a while regardless.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

Towne marine is great to buy a new boat from but their used stuff hammered and their service isn't that great either. Jeremey the salesman is OK but Kevin the owner is a *****. Every time I tried to deal with that man he just gets very rude and cocky. Unprofessional IMO.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

7. Member
    Yep, bought my last boat there. Owner gave me more than a fair price on my trade-in. Jeremy (I think that was his name) was very easy to deal with as well. I did have to return for a minor service issue and they fit me in. I had an unscheduled service visit in their prime season. Took them 3 days to get to it, but I thought that was reasonable.

8. Member
    JoePA, at least Kevin spoke to you, he wont give me the time of day, and once I gave my money, Jeremy is nowhere to be found. They have been open for a few weeks now. Spent 45K and getting told to pound sand by ALL about my issues. Really surprised, and disappointment turning to pissed off at the way they have done me.

9. Member
    I have bought 2 boats from them , and would buy a third if I live that long but I never had a problem with them or even service , they are very busy place boats going in and out . I'm probley going to get bashed for this but that's my 2 cents worth . It's just not at a marina , just one marina and look at all the car truck dealerships you get the same problems I 'll bet along the line with dealships

10. Member
    pajoe329 no bashing, not from me, not necessary, nor needed. I am glad you have had good dealing with them. For me... not so much. I am taking temperature to see who has had bad or good dealings, and making sure that people know that they are capable of BAD customer service, and maybe help others from not getting what I got. And sir.... may you live to a ripe old age my friend!
    ps 45K is a lot of money, and to ask for 1-2 K of customer service, i don't believe is asking to much. And that is my 1.5 cents HA HA

11. Member
    I bought a new Nitro Z19 from a dealer in Windber and the owner was very rude with me. I would have went elsewhere but they had my down money and my old boat so i was kinda stuck.

12. Member
    Townie Marine gets nothing but the highestmarks I can give. The sales person is crazy customer service. I was looking at used boats in the dead of winter on an extremly cold day. The guy was outside with me for an hour taking boat covers off. The owner hooked my boat up. Of course I had a 5 inch drop and the wrong trailer cord extension. He smiled and said he would be back. He came out with the proper hitch, new ball and cable. I asked how much and he said it was a gift.

I have had my Skeeter three years. I have had no problems that needed to be serviced. There were some small thing that took me a few mins to figure out and fix.

To be honest it a used boat. Yeah a lot of money in my case. But I expect things to happen.

Now your experience is complete opposite from mine. Whats the reason?

I tend to be easy going and don't get upset. Little or big things get worked out.

Now the road has a fork. Your fork which is bad and my fork that is great. So what happened at the fork. That information is missing and the most important part of the conversation.

Ozzman I would suggest taking your boat elsewhere. I live a few minutes from them and they would be the last place I would go. Are the problems hull specific or accessories?
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

14. Member
    I could write a book on the stuff they have done both sales and service dept. Kevin would sell his mom if he could make a nickel off her. Service department I wouldn’t trust working on a tricycle. Buy at your own risk.

15. Member
    Bought my new Boat from them back in 2006 had issues they blew me off for weaks finally got tired of it went to another dealer and explained what happened they fixed it for nothing. I would never go back there just my .02cents

16. Member
    I'll throw my 2 cents in. Go somewhere else. Like others have said they treat you like shit and the service dept sucks.

17. Member
    So who I assume to be Kevin the owner, responded to me yesterday on my social media post. I wanted to copy and paste his response here, but he took it down before I could copy it. He basically called me a liar, and I was wrong in what I was/have been saying, and that they have done quite a bit for me to this point. Funny, because he has never done anything for me, or talked to me until yesterday, so he has got at best 2nd hand info, if he even got that. But he told me that he really doesn't what to get into it with me. He told me if I was that unsatisfied to bring the the boat back and he would cut me a check for the 45k, not a WAY smaller check to make these "issues" right. Its a real shame that this is going on, and after reading these posts and some reviews, I am not surprised. I do want to give one of their employees his just due. Keith in parts/service did all he could, most of which was verbal, but he tried to do everything in his power, and he dose not have much. He was genuinely sorry and upset that his pace of employment was treating me this way. He offered to bring me a part to my house in MD. I am hoping that Kevin will have a change of heart and do the right thing. I know he deals with a lot of people trying to "get over", that's not me, I was willing to meet half way, but that was not ok with him. What I think bothers me the most is that the sales man who sold me the boat told me"when you get home and on the water, and find any issues, dont worry. Just give me a call and we will get you straight". Had my best freind standing right next to me when he said that, so he is like "dude WTF"
    Anyway......Good luck this year guys, and be safe on and off the water!
    Thanks for your input and opinions. I am truly happy for the ones who had great a experience with Towne, and for what its worth I am not taking the boat back. Outside of these few issues, I love this boat!

18. Member
    I can never figure out why some people have a good experience and some have a bad experience. That's life. Now I never had to take my boat back for service. In fact my service is done by a local marina. It would be almost a 6 hr drive to TM.

If I may ask what was wrong with your boat.

19. Member
    I have only purchased one boat there. I had good and bad experiences. Jeremy is a good salesman to deal with, got me an awesome deal and great trade in price. I had some minor glitches with a brand new boat though and had some hoops to jump through getting them fixed. They did repair everything free of cost and give me a free 20 hr service. All in all, I would purchase there again but I will go elsewhere to get service and repairs done

I grew up in the area. I always worked with Robbins Marine and never had any issues. I do not have any personal dealings with Towne Marine but some of my family and friends had and it is mixed reviews there too.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast