Thread: Table Rock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Table Rock

I am thinking of heading down for 4 days starting Saturday. I haven't been there in years but hear it's fishing well!! I am looking for some areas of the lake and what is working! Looks like the lake is on the rise! Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

2. Member
    All gonna depend on what they do with all the water coming in. If they hold it and leave it high it might stay good. If they stay releasing a bunch it'll turn tough. Been catching them good on small keitechs on points and spinnerbaits in willows. Good luck!
    1998 Champion 203
    1998 Mercury 225
    Minn Kota Ultrex, 10" Helix MSI+ G4N, 10" Helix MDI+ G4N
    "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1

3. Member
    Check Ozarkanglers.com, Table Rock Forum. Good info, up to date.

Don

4. Member
    Was just down there Saturday and Sunday. Mud line and logs half way down the james and coming down fast! Hoping its about to crest, nearing 924' (9 feet high).

5. Member
    Might just get lucky and the core doesn't dump it all! Just checked water flow at the dam and they ain't hardly dumping any and when they have its only been for a few hours at a time. Still coming up now. I'm sure all the pleasure boaters are going to hate it this wknd but whatever. Fishing should be good if they keep doing the same
    1998 Champion 203
    1998 Mercury 225
    Minn Kota Ultrex, 10" Helix MSI+ G4N, 10" Helix MDI+ G4N
    "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1

6. Member
    Thanks all for the input and I looked as well and looks like they are going to hold the water thru the weekend. I am staying in the aunts creek area at the oak hill resort. Hopefully we can make it happen.

7. Member
    heard they were saying 931 if that's true there wont be a place to launch. Probably already pretty dicey

8. Member
    I always prefer they are pulling water, Just seems to fish better.
    Wash your hands and say your prayers, cause Jesus and germs are everywhere.

9. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Table rock is at 924.95 today 10 feet above full pool

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt 1 View Post
    heard they were saying 931 if that's true there wont be a place to launch. Probably already pretty dicey

Yep, compounding the mess a holiday weekend is coming up!

Saw on Eric Prey's report Bull Shoals is 30' high so they're just going to take TR to 931'. They might have to close the Kimberling Bridge.

11. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    and another 5 inches of rain expected in the next few days..
    this could get wet and ugly :-)

12. Member
    Have heard it will be 925 or more the next thirty days..
    Wash your hands and say your prayers, cause Jesus and germs are everywhere.

13. Member
    TR is 925.44 as of 9:00 a.m. (10.44' above pool)
    BS is 691.69 as of 9:00 a.m. (32.69' above pool)

Drove to Cricket on TR yesterday and they moved the dock from the ramp to a steep section of the parking lot. Went over to Diamond City on BS and the high water ramp is getting close to being submerged.

14. Member
    Drove over the James River today on 176 and it was a chocolate rolling mess.
    Lake was high with many private ramps closed as I drove around looking at homes.
    Lake is well into green trees.
    Unfortunately I left my boat in Oklahoma to focus on houses.

15. Member
    I like it around 922, little water in the bushes. If it get to 931 it's going to be a mess. The road to cape fair marina usually floods around 929.
    I would think they will try to hold Table Rock as long as they can . Bull Shoals is 32 feet up .

16. Member
    I am here at the Rock now. Lake is 928 and got a hell of alot of rain again yesterday and last night. Water conditions and ramps in bad shape. Shell knob bridge ramp still able to put in but water way up in the parking lot and will have to wade to get to curticy dock. Lots of floaters everywhere. With rain forecasted for most of the week the Rock is going to be busting at the seams. Good luck out there and be safe.
    Last edited by khart; 05-26-2020 at 07:39 AM.

17. Member
    So stupid they let bulls shoals stay so full every year. If we get the right rain there gonna have problems on there hands.

18. Member
    We are there now. I guess is we will have high water clear to July 4th Holiday.

19. Member
    A bunch of ramps are closed, Port of kimberling is closed, a lot of tournaments this weekend have been cancelled, don't know if Joe Bass is or not. A lot of logs and muddy muddy water
    1995 ChampioN 190 1995 Mercury 200 XRI Lowrance Ghost

20. Member
    I drove to Cricket yesterday, it is usable but you cant drive around to it through the normal loop as that part of the road is underwater. Driving by the dam yesterday I saw no water going over the gates COE site shows no spillway release. Bull shoals has been releasing from the spillway since Tuesday, as of 8:00 today they released 19,140 cfs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast