Thread: A new week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar

A new week

A new week and great news on a vaccine. MRNA conducted a phase 1 study that worked better than expected. Will start phase 3 in July. This virus is toast.
    Thanos was the hero

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I added to CCL this am on the vaccine news. Almost 30% short interest. I'm guessing any stock with a high short interest will be up big this week.
    Thanos was the hero

3. Member
    Nice start to the week.

4. Member
    Everything is green, markets acting like we found a cure. Added some RDS.B this morning, and then I see they are sinking Billions in to a Chinese Ethonoyl facility, has me wishing I didn't.

5. Member
    I hope it's almost over. I'm ready for everything to be back to normal. The green was nice today

6. Member
    Thinking about getting out of F with minimal gain and trying to turn that money into a little more while this market is doing what it is. Not sure if I should strengthen what I have or go out on a limb with something new.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by King31 View Post
    Thinking about getting out of F with minimal gain and trying to turn that money into a little more while this market is doing what it is. Not sure if I should strengthen what I have or go out on a limb with something new.
    What would you strengthen if you did that?

Looks like a good start to the short week.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
    Looks like a good start to the short week.
    Entertainment and travel industry has had a nice bump this morning.

10. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Crazy market, feel bad for anybody who cashed in their retirement. I thought I would have atleast 6 months of buying stocks much lower. Even though I bought some stuff near the lows, I feel like I have been chasing this market with almost every buy I make.
    Thanos was the hero

Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    Crazy market, feel bad for anybody who cashed in their retirement. I thought I would have atleast 6 months of buying stocks much lower. Even though I bought some stuff near the lows, I feel like I have been chasing this market with almost every buy I make.
    In the same boat. I still feel like there should be a correction coming as this market seems to be way ahead of itself? Trying to decide how confident i am in that? Could cash some stuff out for very nice profits and then wait for the buying opportunity that may or may not come? If wrong then back to chasing the market again.

12. Member
    Since the market drop it’s been easy money. Every purchase is up big. That’s usually a bad sign. Guess if it drops again I hope I will have the ammunition to take advantage. Not a trader to begin with but having my stock purchases in a taxable account taxes make selling in and out of positions unsavory.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilermakerZ519 View Post
    Since the market drop it’s been easy money. Every purchase is up big. That’s usually a bad sign. Guess if it drops again I hope I will have the ammunition to take advantage. Not a trader to begin with but having my stock purchases in a taxable account taxes make selling in and out of positions unsavory.
    I am not seeing anything out there at these prices that I want to own long term. I was looking at ORI today just for some yield.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    I am not seeing anything out there at these prices that I want to own long term. I was looking at ORI today just for some yield.
    Nitro that’s interesting. Confused by ORI’s P/E ratio. Looking at the chart, the downside risk looks palatable....and that yield...nice.

Ive been establishing a position in MA. Needing it to come in a bit. I like the long term fin tech play it represents.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    What would you strengthen if you did that?
    I ended up putting more in AAL. It is honestly a wash at the moment.

I should have cut my losses on PLAY and put it into something better. This is all kind of fun at the moment. Market is doing well.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by King31 View Post
    I ended up putting more in AAL. It is honestly a wash at the moment.

I should have cut my losses on PLAY and put it into something better. This is all kind of fun at the moment. Market is doing well.
    Probably a good idea. I'm debating when to sell PLAY. I should be in green on it soon if the market continues.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    I feel like I have been chasing this market with almost every buy I make.
    Oh yeah, me too

18. Member
    Look at CCL, RCL, and PRTY over the past couple of days. We're running too hard right now, there's got to be a pullback coming later in the week, right?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilermakerZ519 View Post
    Nitro that’s interesting. Confused by ORI’s P/E ratio. Looking at the chart, the downside risk looks palatable....and that yield...nice.

Ive been establishing a position in MA. Needing it to come in a bit. I like the long term fin tech play it represents.
    I ended up holding off. They have paid a special dividened each year for the past few years but I am wondering if that will get suspended. I’m looking at BMY if it falls into the mid 50s but pretty much out of any other ideas.

20. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    Look at CCL, RCL, and PRTY over the past couple of days. We're running too hard right now, there's got to be a pullback coming later in the week, right?

define pullback.

A tick red?

I think we would all love a 20% pullback now
    Thanos was the hero

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast