Thread: Proud dad!

USA Proud dad!

My oldest son graduated from the University West Florida and Commissioned into the USAF this past December. He resigned that Commission this past Friday. He then Re-Commissioned into the new Space Force! Now he is headed off to Vandenberg AFB, California for training starting 1, June.
    Basscat Pantera 2

Congrats. If you don't mind me asking....what branch of the USAF was he commissioned in originally?...and what did he go into in the Spaaaaaaace Force (sorry, I keep hearing Space Ghost in my head)?
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stindoor View Post
    Congrats. If you don't mind me asking....what branch of the USAF was he commissioned in originally?...and what did he go into in the Spaaaaaaace Force (sorry, I keep hearing Space Ghost in my head)?
    He would have been in USAF, Space Operations Command. From what I understand his career field, 13S Space Operations Officer, is what transitioned to the new Space Force.
    Basscat Pantera 2

Got it. Thanks. Good luck to your son. Hope he has an enjoyable career.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

5. Member
    Thank him for stepping up to serve our great country.

6. Member

7. Member

8. Member
    Here is more information on the 13S career field.................https://www.reddit.com/r/AFROTC/comm...ce_operations/

Thanks for the reddit link. Definitely learned more about spaaaaaaaaaccce fooorce!....Hope it is a good career field for him.
    2016 Nitro Z21

10. Member
    That is cool, he is in on the ground floor. Should be interesting work. Let us know if he sees any aliens at Area 51.