Thread: Making jigs

Making jigs

Having a lot of time to fish these days, I have been going through a lot of jigs. I also took the skirts off of some jigs I have that had colors I didn't like. Looking to get some replacement skirts, I see that it is much cheaper to buy jigheads and put skirts on them. Also the boss skirts come in so many colors. What am I missing? Don't you just slip the banded type skirts on? Seems like a no brainer to save 2 or more bucks off per jig. What am I missing and any tips on putting your own jigs together?

2. Banned
    Nope pretty simple and good savings if you can find the head/hook/weedguard combo you like pre made.

3. Member
    For around $2.50 you can put together a real nice jig.

4. Member
    Along with saving money you save space. The heads alone take up less space. So if you can carry 20 black jig heads in say 4 different sizes and shapes and a 5 pack black blue skirts. You now effectively have 20 jigs or 5 of what you might be using for the day. Add another skirt color and you effectively 40 jigs. I carry 3-4 black, brown and green heads in two shapes and two sizes along with 5 colors of skirts in packs of 5.
    2019 Phoenix 819, 200 HP Mercury Pro Xs.

5. Member
    I have been making my own jigs for the last 2 years. Best decision I made.

6. Member
    I've been doing this for a long time now. I am a big fan of the Boss Finesse Flip and Pipsqueek jigs.