Recessing a Minnkota foot pedal

I am a new Ranger owner and would like to recess the foot pedal to my Minnkota Fortex in my 2002 518vx. I have no problem cutting and screwing the tray in but i'm not sure if there's a proper spot in the deck for it. Does it have to be in the center? Is there any support under the deck for the tray or does it rely on the strength of the tray for support? Iv'e seen you tube videos, some with aluminum and some with plastic. One guy cut out what looked like a major deck support and I don't have any interest in doing that. I'm wondering if there is an optimum location on Ranger boats, mine in particular and what material tray are you guys using. Any guidance would be helpful. Thanks..
    Last edited by montvaleplace; 05-17-2020 at 05:22 PM.

2. Banned
    Shouldn't be a problem cutting the deck. If your worried about what is under it take off the access panel and use your cell phone to take a pic of the bottom side. Position is completely up to you it's for your comfort. Yes the tray supports itself.

3. Member
    I used the Minnkota branded pedal well for my Maxxum. No issues on the 362V, but it did not come with a drain outlet fitting

1990 Ranger 362V Yamaha Pro-V 150
    Old Town Predator MinnKota

4. Member
    I install the Troll Eze pan i think it was called in my older Stratos 201 Pro. With know problem's. Take the front pandel off and look for things.
    I cut in to my front box ,as i want my pedal back to the seat. It was a MK 74 trolling motor? Could stayed out if .I moved the tray far front .