Thread: Solas Titan

Solas Titan

I am looking for a second prop depending on performance it could be the primary. Does anyone know anything about the Solas HR Titan3? The price is right if it's decent.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

2. Member
    I can’t speak for the Titan 3, but I have a HR4 Titan now and on my previous boat and absolutely love them. The hole shot is almost instant and the lift is amazing. I had to have the current one sent for PVS holes to get the hole shot, but it was worth it. The Solas props run about 2” stiffer than Mercury props in pitch, BUT the metal they’re made of is softer...
    2011 Legend Alpha 211 DC
    250 Pro XS
    Solix 10 G2 MSI & Onix 10 NT
    Elite 9 Ti2 connected to
    Motorguide Xi5 105

3. Member
    Thanks! I did order one and just got it. It seems like there should be some hardware hub kit the seller never mentioned about. The shaft sticks out past the hub and it won't tighten up. The kit comes with a thrust washer, a spacer, a nut and pin. Hopefully that does it.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

4. Member
    Yes you’ll probably need a hub kit for it, you can look it up and make sure you get the right one for your motor. What set up are you running? Once you run it, post a review. Solas props are hard to find reviews for!
    2011 Legend Alpha 211 DC
    250 Pro XS
    Solix 10 G2 MSI & Onix 10 NT
    Elite 9 Ti2 connected to
    Motorguide Xi5 105

5. Member
    So I got to run this prop for a whole weekend. I was running a Viper 14 3/4 x 20. Which according to the dealer I bought the Solas from is stock SS prop. Nothing wrong with it but not a "performance" prop. I got 53 MPH @ 5400 in 43 degree water and 48 degree air, and really messed with things on a long run to get it.
    The new Solas is a 14 1/2 x 21. The water was 66 degree and the air was 75 degrees. The hole shot was the same as far as we could tell, nothing noticeable. I got 53 MPH at 5400 without even messing with anything. It came right up, trimmed to a good spot. Steering is good and bow lift seems comparable. Which is surprising because it's advertised as a high rake prop, which means improved lift. But without running them back to back it's really tough to compare.
    My only complaint is the online dealer didn't sell the hub kit, didn't tell me I needed one, I contacted Solas via email for input on the hub kit and never got a reply. I did find another dealer online that confirmed the need for the kit and the the proper one.

All in all I am happy with this prop especially for $275 to my door + the hub kit. For me it makes a great primary or spare prop. If you are looking for a spare and don't want to spend big coin this is a great choice.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance