1988 390V Transom

Posted this in Ranger Forum with no luck ... . I have a 1988 390V that was left out in the elements for some time...First year fully composite transom... The hull and transom are rock solid, however there is a faint perfectly horizontal line/imperfection in the gelcoat that runs straight across the transom from tie down to tie down.

It appears to be where theres reinforcement where the top half and the hull meet. It seems to be cosmetic but before i hang a jack plate and motor on this to test it was hoping to get some feedback form the experts here.
    The later 390v 391v 392v seem to have struts that go all the way to the top of the transom now through the splash wells .

Be interested to know if anyone else has experienced this
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    What does it look like if you put a straight edge from drain plug to top of splash well.

If you can hold up and take a picture so we can see how much daylight is showing.

Also if it is crowned try to center straight edge on the crown.

3. Member
    Greatly appreciate the help here !

So i took a straight edge to the top of the transom and left and right sides of the transom top to bottom around the splash well drain holes
    Dont seem to have any rock in the straight edge just a small amount of daylight coming through is that normal?

What are you thoughts especially regarding the top of the transom?
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Member
    That little bit of daylight is not a problem. Your first image shows a red line but I can't see the line your talking about in the gelcoat. Usually composite transoms are pretty bullet proof. If it flexes much spider cracks will develop where the splash well transitions to the cap.