Differences in models?

Interested in making the switch to the bird but need help with different models. Could someone tell me what the differences are between the 20phx..920 elite..920 pro xp..721 pro xp? Thank you.

2. Member
    Wow, thanks for the help.

3. Member
    Ill bump for you. I'm not the one to answer this, but surely someone can chime in.

4. Member
    I have a 2012 619 Pro and have never owned any of these but I have seen several threads here on this questions. My understanding on the differences in the 920 pro xp, 20phx and the elite are this. They are basically the same hull except that the phx has a slightly different strake configuration that is supposed to help in rough water. I understand that for the gain in rough water comfort you might give up a little in top speed. The pro xp came first. Then they added the phx. The other main difference in the phx is the layout of the front deck. The pro xp has 2 separate tackle compartments in the center of the deck. The phx has one large compartment instead which can also accommodate more rods. The phx also has a small day box on the front deck just in front of the driver's console. Then the Elite came along. I believe it is a hybrid of the other 2. It has the hull configuration of the pro xp with the front deck layout of the phx. There may also be some differences in other bells and whistles that are standard on each of these models.

The 721 is 20'11" which is 5" longer than the 920. I've heard quite a few people say they think the 721 is the best riding and fastest of all the Phoenix boats. However the front deck is not as wide as the 920. Like almost everything there is a tradeoff. When I'm ready to buy a new boat, it will be a 721. The 921 will not fit in my garage and the 721 is a good value.

5. Member
    Thank you dc, that's what I was looking for. I couldn't really find significant differences on the Phoenix site.

If you look at Youtube and check out Weida's marine channel they do a really good job explaining the differences in the hulls. Here is a good one explaining the differences in the PHX. It has a slightly different hull, and higher profile with taller top cap which gives it a dryer ride and a little more storage volume in the compartments. Also its a single center tackle storage compartment vs double on the ProXP. The 721 is narrower than the PHX or ProXP, and a little faster.

2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100