RANGER LIVEWELL PROBLEMS

After having problems with my livewell i put in a new switch/cable/actuator/valve in it. Just like before then livewell will hold water on auto but will leak on recirc. Also someone please tell me why there is water trickling out of the pump out when the aereator is running on recirc or auto? I have the spout pushed all the way in. Thanks! Boat is a 2008 ranger z21. I have pictures but im not sure how to upload them

2. Member
    You need to replace the pump out valve, the o ring in it is bad or the valve itself is broken inside. I got mine on eBay cheaper than ranger. It is pumping water out the entire time your live well is running. Fill the live well with a hose on the trailer, with control on recirc. No water should be running out of the drain on bottom of boat. If it is, valve is not closing properly.

3. Member
    Following. My 05 Z21 has the exact same problem and i assumed its a valve or an O ring somewhere but i didnt know where to start tracking this down.
    2005 Ranger Z21
    2005 Mercury Verado 250

4. Member
    The valve just unscrews from inside the livewell and you can slide it out of the houseing, damage will be easy to see if there is any