Falls Lake Fishing

After about a 6 year hiatus I've finally gotten myself another boat and back to fishing. I'm only a few miles from Falls Lake and the last 2 times out I have had zero luck. Anybody familiar with falls lake have any tips they are willing to share?

thanks
    2005 Ranger 185VS

2. Banned
    Spend your time in a area of the lake and find out how to catch them there instead of fishing multiple areas. Learn to find the fish and how to catch them so you can take that info and check other areas and know you are being productive.

3. Member
    That's a question not many people will answer. Falls Lake is one of the most pressured lakes I have fished. It gets pounded not just weekly, but daily. It can seem like you're fishing against other people, even when you just want to fun fish. For that reason, I'm sure people hold their secrets close to their chest. That being said, the upper lake is a lot like your typical lowland reservoir. Shallow (dangerously shallow in some areas) with grass and brush. The lower lake, south of New Light Bridge is like your hill-land or highland reservoir. clearer, deeper water, with more rocks and lay downs. I agree with the poster above, really pick apart an area. Running around isn't as effective imo, simply because of the people pressure and you don't necessarily have to. There is a healthy population of bass and locating them isn't difficult, getting them to bite is.

Don't get discouraged, I get skunked at Falls a fair amount, I'm still learning it myself. Keep grinding at it. I believe it's more rewarding to figure out a tough bite than it is to hammer them without much effort (though those days are nice too!). And I believe beating the crowd makes a huge difference.