Thread: Buyers guide?

Buyers guide?

I'm in the market for a cheap used Bullet. Are there any years to watch out for that might have particular issues, or transition years where they may have made improvements?

2. Member
    Somewhere around 97 +/- they added a brace in transom. People say that is necessary for the heavier engines like the Optimax.

3. Member
    Check transom. If pre 97 get a magnum rapid jack if running bigger motor. It leaves a bigger footprint on the transom to spread out weight on it. Check all pumps to see if there working if you fish tournaments. They are kinda a pain to change because you have to get the gas tank out, if you take the tank out put mule tape around it so its easier next time. Check the lids, they get wollered out around the hinges and are riveted in place. No real big deal to replace just takes time and money for the screws. Other than the usual stuff thats what i would look on any bass boat thats what i would look for. Also im by no means a expert, so take my advise for whAt it is. There are a lots of good guys on this forum. Im sure they will chime in. Check face book under real bullet boat owners, bullet boat owners, lots of good info on there as well. Good luck

4. Member
    Sent you a pm