Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mosquito Creek Lake Bass Fishing Report This Past Wednesday

Jim and I fished Mosquito Creek for the first time this past week. We didn't know what to expect, and started pitching wood and other shallow cover. It took us a little while to piece a pattern together, but it paid off when we figured it out. Wish all days went that well. One type of lure and presentation. Specific depth, and a specific type of weed we had to target. We really had a lot of camera issues, but I think I was able to save enough of it to piece a decent video together for ya. Hope you enjoy it. I'll leave the link below. If you would like to see the video in full screen, just click the little icon at the bottom right of the video it should make it full screen.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/fish...eo-t13645.html

2. Member
    Nice video guys! Glade u guys enjoyed the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by R491V View Post
    Nice video guys! Glade u guys enjoyed the lake.
    Thanks man. Appreciate it. I would be really cool with that lake if I lived by it. Some many different fishing opportunities there.

4. Member
    Very nicely done. You found where they live. That holds up all year long.

Quote Originally Posted by clayshooter View Post
    Very nicely done. You found where they live. That holds up all year long.
    I didn't realize that was a invasive weed until I looked it up. Does that weed come all the way to the surface during the summer? Some locals tell me the lake can get pretty choked with weeds during the summer. I imagine a frog bite probably gets good.

Very nice video. You mentioned color, but not the weight of the swim jig that you were throwing. Since, you were retrieving it quickly, I assume it was a 3/8 or 1/2 oz. jig to keep it down in 4'-6' of water.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Very nice video. You mentioned color, but not the weight of the swim jig that you were throwing. Since, you were retrieving it quickly, I assume it was a 3/8 or 1/2 oz. jig to keep it down in 4'-6' of water.
    Jeff, I don't think I mentioned it at the time because really didn't seem to matter to much. Jim was a 1/4 and I was using a 3/4. I was working mine faster closer to the surface, and Jim was working his slower in the weeds. We were both catching them, but Jim's bite started to slow a little once the sun got higher in the sky. He had more of a translucent colored green with some flash. I had more of a dull green pumpkin. We sort of wrote it off as the color as the day progressed since we were both getting the same bites earlier.

Good observation on your half.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbass201 View Post
    Jeff, I don't think I mentioned it at the time because really didn't seem to matter to much. Jim was a 1/4 and I was using a 3/4. I was working mine faster closer to the surface, and Jim was working his slower in the weeds. We were both catching them, but Jim's bite started to slow a little once the sun got higher in the sky. He had more of a translucent colored green with some flash. I had more of a dull green pumpkin. We sort of wrote it off as the color as the day progressed since we were both getting the same bites earlier.

Good observation on your half.
    What was water temps?

9. Member
    Great Video!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bassinworldchamp View Post
    Great Video!!!!!!!!

Thanks man. Appreciate it. Takes some motivation and effort to get the final product out there. Most of the time you just want to fish and not mess with that stuff. It's all cool because we are able to share our trips with those than can't go.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbass201 View Post
    It's all in the video. Running 49 when we started and warmed to 54 degrees. I'm sure it's upper 50's by now.

https://vimeo.com/419477204
    Thanks, was leaving for work when I asked. Cool video

Quote Originally Posted by Jwags13 View Post
    Thanks, was leaving for work when I asked. Cool video
    No problem man. Hoping this rain lets up so I can get back out fishing this week. Vacation is winding down.

Great Video!!!!!!!!
    Thanks brother. Appreciate that. Takes quite a bit of work to put them together, but seems worth it in the end.
    Last edited by bigbass201; 05-18-2020 at 09:02 PM. Reason: multiple same posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jwags13 View Post
    What was water temps?
    It's all in the video. Running 49 when we started and warmed to 54 degrees. I'm sure it's upper 50's by now.

https://vimeo.com/419477204

I just finished up a video from Pikie Bay from the day prior to this one above. It has some Ashtabula footage in it as well. I put that in there in case someone wants to know what they would be fishing if they went there.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/fish...-f-t13654.html

Wow, Ashtabula was all mud. I had planned to go up there on Thursday, but I bet it's still muddy. Maybe I'll call the ramp tomorrow and see what they say.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Wow, Ashtabula was all mud. I had planned to go up there on Thursday, but I bet it's still muddy. Maybe I'll call the ramp tomorrow and see what they say.

Definitely worth the effort to call first.

Hey Jeff, I know some people that went Saturday and they left and come to Skeeter instead because of the mud. Not sure if it cleared up some or not

18. Member
    mud mud and more mud. Been the theme there the last 2 years lol

19. Member
    Hopefully a few days of ESE winds push some of the mud out at least.

Mud and smallmouth just isn't a good mix. I wonder if the vast amount rain affected Skeeter at all. I fished some lakes in lower Michigan today and had to take alternate routes because the roads were flooded.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast