Thread: new fuzz

new fuzz

time to replace the carpet..does anyone know what weight carpet bullet replacement carpet is? trying to decide between factory vs ranger/bass cat..anyone with 1st hand experience ? thanks for any help

I'd want the basscat carpet in my boat, But may be an issue around the doors and openings.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Put Bass Cat in mine....no issues and would/will do it again.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    Put Bass Cat in mine....no issues and would/will do it again.
    I sure wish I lived closer to you for a few reasons...

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

5. Member
    What's the difference in Basscat carpet?

The ounce weight of Bass Cat carpeting is 24 ounce rated, 27 actual and is the highest grade available. Some other name brands use 15 ounce carpet while Ranger also uses our weight of carpeting.

At one time there were many grades available from 14 ounce to 24 ounce. Today there are only two grades in the mill we almost all use for carpeting. The colors also were once broad ranged and today the are few options in 24 ounces.

7. Member
    crank68..did you have to do any trimming to make the lids open and close..how did you finish the front deck carpet edges? I have read a few post with people very happy with the bass cat carpet just wanted to make sure it works with bullet boats mine have always been kinda tight right from the factory ..hey mike how bout a link to your livewell up grade that's next after the carpet..thanks guys

8. Banned
    Bass Cat carpet will slow Ya down... Dan

I did not have to trim...lids were tight but fine. Just sewed a binder to the edge around the front deck..
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

10. Member
    Call Tom @ Bullet buy it there, if you like your boat why not support the company with some biz
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by av View Post
    Call Tom @ Bullet buy it there, if you like your boat why not support the company with some biz
    If I’m going through all the work to replace the carpet, I want something better than bullet uses.

12. Member
    I used the factory carpet from Bullet to re-carpet mine 6 or so years ago. I redid my trailer 2 years ago with BassCat carpet. The carpet on my trailer is better than what is in my boat. The carpet in my boat is fine, but the BassCat carpet is definitely better assuming Bullet hasn't upgraded in the last few years.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    If I’m going through all the work to replace the carpet, I want something better than bullet uses.
    Mike I am sure they use better carpet now than what is on your 1980's model
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by av View Post
    Mike I am sure they use better carpet now than what is on your 1980's model
    2003 actually... But I bet Bullet uses the same carpet now as when mine was built. I tried to get them to put closed cell padding on my front deck and was told no... I'll have that done when the time comes.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    2003 actually... But I bet Bullet uses the same carpet now as when mine was built. I tried to get them to put closed cell padding on my front deck and was told no... I'll have that done when the time comes.
    I know your year just busting em I remember we ordered boats at the same time in 03 , on the carpet issue I got to say at least on my boat if the carpet was any more plush or heavier no way you would get the compartments open they are real tight I mean tight .
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

16. Member
    i like the idea of using the best carpet avaiable ..did my old champion before upgrading so i have a good idea of the labor involved..using the best material makes sence to me..