Thanks everyone
    2015 EXCEL 1860 SIDE STALKER WITH HUNT DECK CAMO
    2015 Mercury 90 HP FOURSTROKE
    CMC MANUAL JACK PLATE
    LOWRANCE GHOST
    LOWRANCE HDS12 CARBON
    LOWRANCE HDS9 CARBON

2. Member
    Just want to thank everyone for there advice and wish everyone a Happy Independence day! Also let everyone know we ended up in Scottsboro. It was a difficult decision with so many great possibilities but we ended up finding a great house that will fit the families needs well and has me close to some great fishing. I hope to meet some of you in the near future!
    CMC MANUAL JACK PLATE
    LOWRANCE GHOST
    LOWRANCE HDS12 CARBON
    LOWRANCE HDS9 CARBON

3. Dogfish_Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishinglineman View Post
    Just want to thank everyone for there advice and wish everyone a Happy Independence day! Also let everyone know we ended up in Scottsboro. It was a difficult decision with so many great possibilities but we ended up finding a great house that will fit the families needs well and has me close to some great fishing. I hope to meet some of you in the near future!
    Great choice and I’m sure you will love that area. Thanks for the update and to you and your family a great 4th of July.

4. Member
    Great choice. Lots of great fishing, Nickajack, Chick, Wheeler, Wilson, and Pickwick on the TN River system, and the Coosa River close as well.
    Largemouth, Smallmouth and Alabama Spots are in your future.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishinglineman View Post
    Congratulations. Which area of Scottsboro did you buy?

6. Member
    I chose Scottsboro. Good people here.
    Last edited by flyingwillie; 07-05-2020 at 07:07 AM.

7. Member
    City of scottsboro is a decent area. Typical small town. Grew up there and not much has changed. You are around some good fishing and some other places within an hour or so.
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

8. Member
    Welcome Tom! As we discussed earlier, you made a great choice.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basswhippa View Post
    Congratulations. Which area of Scottsboro did you buy?
    We found a house on July Mountain. Thank you
    CMC MANUAL JACK PLATE
    LOWRANCE GHOST
    LOWRANCE HDS12 CARBON
    LOWRANCE HDS9 CARBON

10. Member
    Thank you everyone! Now we just need to get through the fun part of moving LOL! We cant waite to get settled in.
    CMC MANUAL JACK PLATE
    LOWRANCE GHOST
    LOWRANCE HDS12 CARBON
    LOWRANCE HDS9 CARBON

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T. Dixon View Post
    Consider the Shoals area in NW AL. Lots of choices for fishing. Pickwick, Wilson, Wheeler, BCDA LAKES (4), plus short drives to Guntersville and Bay Springs, MS. Hard to beat this area for outdoor opportunities. Very nice areas in Lauderdale and Colbert counties.
    I want to second this statement! Definitely my favorite area.
    2014 Bass Cat Pantera II / 200 ProXS

12. Member
    I live on Guntersville mid lake between Scottsboro and Guntersville. G is more expensive for housing. Check out the neighborhoods on Roseberry creek. Probably best option. If floating eel grass isn't your thing, consider Weiss. Don't forget to consider access to hospitals if you are retirement age. Wilson Lake is not a bad option either.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T. Dixon View Post
    Consider the Shoals area in NW AL. Lots of choices for fishing. Pickwick, Wilson, Wheeler, BCDA LAKES (4), plus short drives to Guntersville and Bay Springs, MS. Hard to beat this area for outdoor opportunities. Very nice areas in Lauderdale and Colbert counties.
    My wife and I moved to Killen, AL in May 2020, and we LOVE it. Great area, lots of water to explore and outstanding people.Our home sits on 5 acres, and the quiet is awesome.

14. Member
    I live on Boshart Creek. I go to church and have made many friends in Scottsboro over the last fifteen years. There are some fantastic people in Scottsboro. There are still many big fish to catch on Guntersville but realize the eel grass is a challenge. It grows and floats all over.
    I often put my boat on a trailer and go fish Smith just to get a break from the eel grass.

15. Member
    Lay Lake stays full pool year round, they draw it down for a week every 2 or 3 years to give us time to work on docks and seawalls but other than that it never varies more than a foot. I've never been able to find out for sure why it's the only Coosa impoundment that doesn't draw down, one theory is that several Southern Company execs have lake homes here. We moved out here 5 years ago and have enjoyed it. It's a good bass, striper, and catfish lake. It does get busy on summer weekends and you have to learn where the stump fields are but there's plenty of good tube/ski water.

16. Member
    +1 for Lay. Real Estate is still decently priced there too. I just bought a lot to build on in a few years when I retire. The Coosa Spots give a pretty good fight too.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimInAlabama View Post
    Lay Lake stays full pool year round, they draw it down for a week every 2 or 3 years to give us time to work on docks and seawalls but other than that it never varies more than a foot. I've never been able to find out for sure why it's the only Coosa impoundment that doesn't draw down, one theory is that several Southern Company execs have lake homes here. We moved out here 5 years ago and have enjoyed it. It's a good bass, striper, and catfish lake. It does get busy on summer weekends and you have to learn where the stump fields are but there's plenty of good tube/ski water.
    I didn't think mitchell got drawed down?
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12