No spark on cylinders 2 and 3

I have a 2003 Yamaha vmax hpdi that would not get over 2000 rpm. I brought it to my local mechanic who is not yamaha certified ( the closest Yamaha tech is pretty far away) and he diagnosed the issue as bad injectors on cylinders 2 and 3. Replaced those and that fixed the injector problem but now it doesn't have spark over 2000 rpm on those cylinders. He said it was probably a bad sensor that would have caused the injectors to go bad and it needs to be plugged in to diagnose the sensor. All six coils are good as he switched them around and they all had spark. He also tested throttle position sensor and that was good to. I'm going to take it to the Yamaha tech this week, but does anyone know what this may be, or what I should expect? Fuel system and compression are all good as well.

2. Member
    I'm having the same issue with my 2006 200hp vmax. What did you end up finding?

3. Member
    I would look to the neutral sensor. It cuts 2 cylinders while in neutral. If it is bad or not made when you start the motor, the motor will put itself into limp mode and limit your rpms.