New 2019 RT188 Owner & I need some seat to console help

I pickup my 2019 RT188 next Saturday and as anyone would be I am very excited. The one and only complaint I have about these boats is the distance from the drivers seat to the steering wheel means I have to be scooted to the edge of the seat to effectively run the boat. I can imagine in rough water this could also be a safety concern given I am not seated well in the seat. I am short but not that short being 5'7. Is anyone else dealing with this issue and feels that having driver seat adjustment is needed and if so what options have you found or DIYed to resolve? I did several searches but found not results related to this which could be in how I searched the subject.

I appreciate any assistance with this in advance.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Surferboy120 View Post
    I pickup my 2019 RT188 next Saturday and as anyone would be I am very excited. The one and only complaint I have about these boats is the distance from the drivers seat to the steering wheel means I have to be scooted to the edge of the seat to effectively run the boat. I can imagine in rough water this could also be a safety concern given I am not seated well in the seat. I am short but not that short being 5'7. Is anyone else dealing with this issue and feels that having driver seat adjustment is needed and if so what options have you found or DIYed to resolve? I did several searches but found not results related to this which could be in how I searched the subject.

I appreciate any assistance with this in advance.
    I ordered a new wheel and spacer to move the wheel closer to me. That's the easiest method and if you ever mount a unit behind the wheel you will need the space.

Being 6ft6 I am not accustomed to the problem you speak of, however, try this

https://www.wholesalemarine.com/spri...eat-slide.html
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

4. Member
    Thank you pfisher and Boats those are both good options I was not aware existed. I will see which best fits my need.

5. Member
    Order a spacer kit from Precision Sonar and this will help. I own a 2019 RT188 and after adding the kit I can sit back in the seat and drive without issues. I also ordered their dash mount kit for my Helix 12.
    2023 Triton 18TRX
    2023 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    80# Ultrex IPilot Link
    Helix 12 Mega SI & Garmin Livescope w/ 1242XSV GPSmap

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOATS View Post
    Being 6ft6 I am not accustomed to the problem you speak of, however, try this

https://www.wholesalemarine.com/spri...eat-slide.html
    Keep in mind that the RT188 seats are two piece. The bottom in separate from the back. So, if you use a seat slide, you'll open up a gap between the bottom and the back.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagregss View Post
    Keep in mind that the RT188 seats are two piece. The bottom in separate from the back. So, if you use a seat slide, you'll open up a gap between the bottom and the back.
    I saw that so I am now seeing if I can use G4bama's idea with the spacer kit from Precision Sonar. Hopefully thats all I will need. I appreciate all the thoughts on this. I love the boat outside of I know when the water gets rough this could be a problem.
    2019 Ranger RT188
    Thomas Martin

8. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    Maybe use a back cushion to hold you forward in the seat?
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

No one likes a pot licker or GPS pirate. FIND YOUR OWN FISH!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    Maybe use a back cushion to hold you forward in the seat?
    If the spacer kit doesnt work or completely that will be the gap filler sure. Like everything trying to keep it simple and this would be a great option. Thank you Highcentered.
    2019 Ranger RT188
    Thomas Martin

10. Member
    I had a 2017 188, and had no problem at all running in Guntersville with a choppy lake. i am 5' 08"

11. Member
    I have the same issue. My 178 seems like it was designed for a nba player . I am 5'9" an if I am resting my back on the seat my fingers barely tough the wheel . I might have to look into the spacer .

12. Member
    I'm 5'10" and I put a Ranger boat cushion behind my back to reach the wheel easily.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jkirch View Post
    I have the same issue. My 178 seems like it was designed for a nba player . I am 5'9" an if I am resting my back on the seat my fingers barely tough the wheel . I might have to look into the spacer .
    Thats my issue for sure and I am 5'7. The spacer should do the trick.
    2019 Ranger RT188
    Thomas Martin

14. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    Well, at least you don't have to worry about being cramped, lol.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

No one likes a pot licker or GPS pirate. FIND YOUR OWN FISH!

15. Member
    Thats so true Highcentered LOL! I am loving this boat its been fantastic so far.
    2019 Ranger RT188
    Thomas Martin