Livescope Transducer Interference with HB360

I just installed the Perspective Mode bracket and I now have an interference problem with my HB360 head when the transducer is in Forward View. I'm unable to go any deeper with the trolling motor and am unable to go high enough with the 360 to clear and still keep it in the water. No interference when in Perspective Mode.

I didn't have any interference with the original bracket. What are my options if any? Or am I stuck with staying in Perspective mode? I have no desire to mount on a seperate pole.

Also, in the last picture, what are the 4 threaded holes on the top of the transducer for?

Thanks,

Robert

Perspective Mode

Forward Viewing

2. Member
    Not that it matters now. Caught my cable in the trolling motor this morning. I had to give myself more slack when I was installing the mount and forgot to secure the cable. Got caught in the TM when I deployed it first this this morning!!! Hopefully I can repair it..that's a $800 mistake if not.

This is the mess I gotta try and repair.

Last edited by mastergun; 05-16-2020 at 06:34 PM.

3. Member
    In the first pic I had to cut the shaft on my 360 and raise it so that it didn't interfere with the ultrex.. in the 2nd pic I would solder them rtv them and shrink wrap.. then rtv and rubber tape..

4. Member
    Got everything spliced back together today. Hooked it up and didn't get any errors but won't know for sure until I get it on the water tomorrow afternoon. Crossing my fingers.

This was the mess I am trying to fix. Fortunately it is only one side of the cable, not both.

I used speaker wire (pulled the actual wires out) to make the insert between cable ends. Soldered each end and heat shrinked each wire individually.

Some of the shielding was trashed, I saved and used what I could. Where I couldn't I used regular aluminium foil.

All wires complete (16 total small wires). Bundled back together and used foil to replace the original shielding.

Couple pictures of the final product, Heat shrinked.

5. Member
    16 wires. 21 pins. Interesting.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    16 wires. 21 pins. Interesting.
    1 Yellow single wire
    1 unprotected wire
    6 twisted pairs.

this was just one side of the cable.

7. Member
    Wow - I bet that took some patience. Hopefully it works out for you. One thing I noticed was your ducer wire is zip tied to the shaft. I am new to Garmin, but all of the installs I've watched say that is a no-no.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by remaly181 View Post
    Wow - I bet that took some patience. Hopefully it works out for you. One thing I noticed was your ducer wire is zip tied to the shaft. I am new to Garmin, but all of the installs I've watched say that is a no-no.
    They changed that on the fly apparently. First one had ties and when I had the new TM installed he used tape. He had received an e-mail from garmin dealer support about the ties. It's hard to think that anything built for a marine environment would be that sensitive to damage?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by remaly181 View Post
    Yeah, took me the better part of 3-4 hours. What is the issue with zip ties?

10. Member
    Any luck resolving the mounting issue with LS transducer+perspective mode bracket contacting the 360?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j_no View Post
    Any luck resolving the mounting issue with LS transducer+perspective mode bracket contacting the 360?
    No, for now I'm just leaving it in perspective mode.