Banned

Removing seats on a 2009 TR-186

I have a 2009 TR-186 dual console and my seats are starting to look a bit rough in certain areas.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to remove the center bolt from my seats to get them out of the boat.

I have tried YouTube but every video I watch shows a different model seat than what's in my boat. I do not have a way to reach the bolt through a space between the back and bottom juncture of the seat.

It seems like my bolt holding the seats is placed more squarely in the center of the back of the seat. And I don't have a "gap" anywhere on the back of my seat that allows me to get a socket in there.

I have tried to come in through the live well but that doesn't seem like an option either.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Banned
    Well, this certainly isn't going to be the best reply, but here is what I ended up doing. Much like you I couldn't find anything online that matched up with what I was finding when looking at my seats. I have an 03 TR-186 and the bolt seemed to be right in the middle of the seat as well. After a lot of trying and trying I finally decided to just rip them out. Luckily it was just a screw that was holding them in there and with some effort it came right out. I wasn't really worried about bending the bracket since I knew I was just replacing them. Like I said, not the ideal thing to do, but I was at my wits end. LOLcarpet project 14.jpg

3. Member
    When I removed my passenger console I emailed Triton and they emailed me the shop installation instructions. You might try that.

4. Banned
    Thanks for the replies.

I have pretty much convinced myself that ripping the seats out is the "proper" way to do it. lol

Also, I did try emailing/calling triton; however, now all I can get is White River Marine customer service telling me they have no information on Triton's before 2015. And they tried to phrase it in such a way to make it Triton's fault.

My last ditch effort is to try calling local Triton dealers around me to see if they have one of these installation manuals Cajun Pop speaks of.

jbsonerfan - were you able to get replacement seats from Triton? Or did you have to go aftermarket?

5. Banned
    Mine are from Bass Boat Seats

Before you rip out your seats, post a pic of them.

I have taken my seats out to replace the bolts that got loose and stripped out. My passenger seat came off while cruising down the lake one day. I had to remove the center back cushion. There were some hidden screws that had to be removed. Once that is removed the bolts that hold the seat in place are now visible. There was also a few screws down by the floor at the front of the seat that had to be removed.

If that doesn't apply to your seats, I have seen where some hang on a bracket.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

My shop does a ton of upholstery (website below). Shoot me some pics and I can prolly help you get them out if you don’t get an answer directly on here.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

8. Banned
    Hopefully the picture works. Also, I am aware of the two small screws at the bottom of the seat. There is definitely a bolt of screw in the middle of the back of the seat holding it in though.

Thanks all for the suggestions and help.

image0.jpeg

Feel around the edge of the black seat back center piece for screw heads that could be removed to expose the seat bolts.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

This should be taken care of...
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

11. Member
    I don’t know if it’s the same on your year boat, but on my ‘16, I had to pull on the center of the seat back....just a big piece of Velcro holding it in...good luck!!!

12. Banned
    I called Ted (crank68) and I'm glad that I did! He helped me figure out how to get to the two bolts holding my seat in.

My back part of the seat wasn't velcro. It's actually a long piece that includes the back and headrest as a single piece.

So what I did was get a long flathead screwdriver and I had to pry the bottom of the back piece (where it meets the butt seat) away from the back of the boat.

There was enough play in the back part of the seat to get an impact drive on the bolt and take it out.

However, in order for me to fully remove the back and headrest, I had to pry out some screws that were holding the headrest into another part of the seat.

So thanks again Ted, you were very helpful!