Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

C-Map rebate beware

Sent in all my info and they declined it, said my receipt was not proof of purchase. What? Said it didn’t have paid in cash or paid with Visa of whatever on it. I went on to ask if she could tell me how I can purchase the update and she told me I would have to call Lowrance so I asked her who she worked for and you guessed it, she said Lowrance. I’ve got $8000.00 worth of Lowrance products on my boat and they giving me grief about $35.00.
    GO DAWGS

2. Member
    ya I pretty much laugh at mail in rebates at this point. Theyhave about as much credibility as a politician.

just a tip though.....bug the shit out of them over it. at least dont make it easy on them.

I just want to know how I can buy it, can’t seem to get an answer.
    GO DAWGS

4. Member
    declined already? I send my stuff in via the net. still says in process

Thanks Mark
    GO DAWGS

I’m so pissed at Lowrance now it’s not even funny. 10K plus of their shit on my boat and I can’t get someone on the phone the speaks English
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    I’m so pissed at Lowrance now it’s not even funny. 10K plus of their shit on my boat and I can’t get someone on the phone the speaks English
    Thats exactly what I told the girl on the phone, I’ve got a Ghost, Live 12, 2 Gen 3 9’s and sonic hub and they giving me grief about a $35.00 card that I’m willing to pay for.
    GO DAWGS

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by secdawgs View Post
    Thanks Mark

No problem any time

Well, Jason got involved, so I get a call this morning and they tell me they’ve reviewed the claim and now are sending me a card, thanks Jason.
    GO DAWGS

I got denied as well got the unit from Lowrance on 4-6. gave me no reason for the decline!
    Triton 18xs w/150 Pro XS
    Ultrex 80lb.
    LIVE 12's
    LIVE 9
    POINT 1
    ACTIVE TARGET
    IONIC 125Ah

My claim was declined, too. No explanation.

Sent photos of the receipt, that clearly had "proof of purchase" printed on it, and photos of the unit, bar code, and serial numbers.

Apparently, there is no card, and they've just been bullshitting us.

12. Member
    I bought 3 HDS Live 12's in December 2019. I ordered a card and paid the $35 and received it last week. I was never asked for proof of purchase. But I did register my units when I got them. Not sure if that made a difference. But it does say it is out of stock till May 25th.
    2017 ZX250 250 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by golferdude View Post
    I bought 3 HDS Live 12's in December 2019. I ordered a card and paid the $35 and received it last week. I was never asked for proof of purchase. But I did register my units when I got them. Not sure if that made a difference. But it does say it is out of stock till May 25th.
    I registered my unit and the Ghost as soon as I got them installed and hooked to Wifi.
    GO DAWGS

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    My claim was declined, too. No explanation.

Sent photos of the receipt, that clearly had "proof of purchase" printed on it, and photos of the unit, bar code, and serial numbers.

Apparently, there is no card, and they've just been bullshitting us.
    Every rebate I have done with Lowrance always says declined then a day are so later once they review the pictures of proof the process proceeds. I could have done the rebate but it takes weeks so for $35 I chose to pay and it is scheduled for delivery today..

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by golferdude View Post
    So can you confirm that it is an update and you dont have to leave the card in ?

16. Member
    mark, based on the info in the webinar thread, the card you get from Lowrance is a mapping card and must be left in the machine to view the map features. It can also be shared over the network to any other unit but of course the Live specific features would not be available on Legacy units. There is another card which is an update that is only available to dealers and prostaff. This card actually updates the unit with the same maps that are on the card. After that update, the card doesn't need to be in the machine. The maps are in the internal memory. That card is not available to the public because it would be simple to destroy your Live unit if the update was done wrong. So your options are to purchase the card from Lowrance and leave it in the machine, go to a dealer that is doing the update, or purchase a Live made after April.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    mark, based on the info in the webinar thread, the card you get from Lowrance is a mapping card and must be left in the machine to view the map features. It can also be shared over the network to any other unit but of course the Live specific features would not be available on Legacy units. There is another card which is an update that is only available to dealers and prostaff. This card actually updates the unit with the same maps that are on the card. After that update, the card doesn't need to be in the machine. The maps are in the internal memory. That card is not available to the public because it would be simple to destroy your Live unit if the update was done wrong. So your options are to purchase the card from Lowrance and leave it in the machine, go to a dealer that is doing the update, or purchase a Live made after April.

NoCAL
    I have contacted my dealer and he has heard nothing about this update or contour + may be time for me to reach out to lowrance!!! Because with 2 cards in the unit I will not have a place to save my structure maps...

18. Member
    True but they are claiming you can get rid of your Navionics! That remains to be seen.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

Quote Originally Posted by markhodges78 View Post
    Every rebate I have done with Lowrance always says declined then a day are so later once they review the pictures of proof the process proceeds. I could have done the rebate but it takes weeks so for $35 I chose to pay and it is scheduled for delivery today..
    It's been over a week.

I'm also still waiting on my rebate for a Carbon I purchased in 2018. Should be here any day now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast