Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eds triton View Post
    You fooling yourself if you think anything over a 21 pitch will give you a decent hole shot loaded with livewells and full tank of gas I am 225 lbs and I put someone 285 lbs a half tank of gas and about 8 inches of water in the livewells the hole shot for a better set of words sucked on my TRX 179 I run a 6 inch plate with the 115 with command stroke and a worked 22 pitch Laser 2. I can run a 19 pitch trophy plus and it’s great fully loaded but speed is about 47 and still run up to the rev limiter. I bought a 21 Pitch trophy plus I am thinking this will be the perfect combination, I have spoke with someone that runs a 21 pitch spitfire he has had excellent results 50 mph loaded fairly heavy and a decent hole shot and it’s not even the Command stroke it’s the 2 stroke 115 XS. Once water temp gets up and you have 2 people say 400lbs maybe 250 lbs of water if livewells are full at 8.3 pounds per gallon and another 160 lbs of gas at 6.3 lbs per gallon plus tackle it’s a lot of weight 21 tempest may be OK but you probably won’t have a great hole shot but should be manageable. I will run mine Saturday and let y’all know the water temp is already 89 deg so I am sure this will have some effect on performance we will see.
    I wish you had mentioned that the 19p Trophy was hitting the rev limiter before I ordered one...glad the dealer accepted an exchange. I'll let you know how the 21p Tempest+ works out as I don't have the weight of a jackplate and rarely fill my wells

2. Banned
    Always set up a boat to run with a tournament load (2 adults, full of fuel, water in wells, and gear weight). You set up light than add a partner or weight it will fall on it's face fast. Setup heavy and it will run even better light.

3. Member
    Got out early Sunday with the new 21P Tempest, was just me but I did fill the livewells to the brim and had a full load otherwise with nearly full gas tank. Large vent holes installed. Pretty damn happy with the performance, it is getting onto plane almost immediately now. Was topping out around 49 which was a little bit disappointing, but my RPM's were right around 6200 so I think it's the right prop for this setup. I knew when I got the boat that it lives in the ~50MPH range, which is enough for me compared to the aluminum boats I had been looking at. I didn't spend too much time out but the prop felt a little grippier in turns, and was also finding I could trim higher without it feeling squirrel-y? The grip could have been my imagination, but I was definitely trimming higher than I used to be. Need to look into adding a water pressure gauge down the road. Thanks for all the suggestions.
    Last edited by grajoy; 06-22-2020 at 09:47 AM.

4. Member
    I finally had a opportunity to run my TRX 179 With The Mercury 115 w command thrust today slinging A stock 21 p Trophy Plus by far
    the winner. I ran 50.5 full tank of gas and livewells full the water temp was 89 slight breeze 6 inch jack plate 3.25 PTP @ 6100 RPM not bad for this time of the year I still think I could tweak it a little more and possibly reach 51 may send it over to Lanier prop shop to have it BB this may add another 1 maybe 2 mph I carry a lot of tackle extra prop and Ultrex up front no poles. My worked 22 pitch Laser 2 is faster but it’s a turd during the summer it is useless when loaded super heavy I think the best prop for this setup is either a 21 tempest or 21 trophy I am leaning toward the trophy because of hole shot and it’s ability to stay in the water plus it’s very smooth no vibration and will corner like crazy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12