Any 210 owners running a 300hp

Years ago (2007) I almost bought a champion 210/ 300 dealer demo but when I went in for the appointment he had already sold it, this was within a day!
    Here we are in 2020 and the Charger 210 can be had with that motor. I was curious If any one runs that combo and what the performance is rigged that way

2. Member
    Not a charger but I have a 2008 210 champion with a 300xs on it. 27 inch tempest prop, heavy load, half full gas tank, Myself at 220ish lbs. 72-75mph depending on ambient air temp. Usually running around 800 ft elevation. Two people with full live wells 70-73mph.
    Last edited by B Holmes; 05-15-2020 at 11:21 PM.

3. Member
    Thanks man. Hey maybe your boat is the one that got sold out from under me, how funny would that be !

4. Member
    I ran a 2008-210/300xs combo for a couple of years. Sold it to a guy in Wisconsin then 'getfished' bought it, but I think has since changed it to a 250. I am down at 0 elevation, but oh man that big boat would run. It would go 73-75 no matter how much weight I put in it. My best was right at 79 light and solo trying to get to 80. I always thought it had 80 in it, but I sold it before it happened. Easily one of my biggest regrets of selling a boat. I would consider another 210/300 combo. Wonder how a 210/flashed SHO would run.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kromer View Post
    Thanks man. Hey maybe your boat is the one that got sold out from under me, how funny would that be !
    Bought mine at Bobs Marine in Modesto.

I just put a new 4 stroke 300 on my 210. Here is a copy from another thread of what information I have of it as of now.

After I did break-in at table rock Ulrich's came out and ran the boat to help get motor hight and props figured out. Now keep in mind I load my boat heavy as I always carry a ton of stuff in it. After getting motor hight right with a 25 Fury it ran 73.2 but only 5850 rpms with a little over a half tank of gas. I needed to get heading home so we did not get to run it with a 24 down there. I am sure it would have been better with getting the rpms up.

I put a 24 fury on it here at home and with the higher elevation up here the 24 would only turn 5750-5800 and 68mph with a full tank of gas. I put a 23 fury on and now it jumps out of the hole but have not gotten a chance to really run it as the lake has been too rough when we have had a chance to get out.
    Charger 210 Elite

7. Member
    Pro-Hunt, I know the 08 Champ 210 is slightly different than the Charger 210 and the 300xs is different than your 300, but I also know when you have no history to follow - any nuggets of info might help. I tried a Fury on mine and is was the slowest of any prop I tried. I tried a bunch and a 27 or worked 26 Tempest was my best all around and my fastest prop. I had a hydraulic JP so I tried everything, but my best height was about 2.75" which was a little higher than most suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
    Pro-Hunt, I know the 08 Champ 210 is slightly different than the Charger 210 and the 300xs is different than your 300, but I also know when you have no history to follow - any nuggets of info might help. I tried a Fury on mine and is was the slowest of any prop I tried. I tried a bunch and a 27 or worked 26 Tempest was my best all around and my fastest prop. I had a hydraulic JP so I tried everything, but my best height was about 2.75" which was a little higher than most suggested.
    Thanks. I may try a tempest+ at some point. With these new four strokes a person has to use a lower pitch prop than you would with a 2 stroke. Normally 1-2 pitches lower. Ulrich Marine also said these 4 strokes like to be run lower than the 2 strokes.
    Charger 210 Elite

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Hunt View Post
    Thanks. I may try a tempest+ at some point. With these new four strokes a person has to use a lower pitch prop than you would with a 2 stroke. Normally 1-2 pitches lower. Ulrich Marine also said these 4 strokes like to be run lower than the 2 strokes.
    I have heard that about the lower pitch prop. I would try a 25 tempest +. The height is easy to determine after 2-3 runs. Who knows since every boat much less every model seems to like something different.

10. Member
    Wonder how a 210/flashed SHO would run.[/QUOTE]

Probably a couple mph slower than the 300xs...

11. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    SHo is around 275 stock flash it your around 325 .The sho has been the fastest motor to date for us