Thread: Playing Solo

Playing Solo

How many of you play golf on your own without anyone else?

I did it often when I was younger, but not so much of late.
    Yesterday I hit the course early and beat everyone else out the gate.
    Played 18 and never waited.
    Took my fishing rod and used it on the last 4 holes.
    Caught 7 + fish but mostly dinks but all on a buzz bait.

I really enjoyed my time on the course.
    No one else around.
    Cranked up the tunes with Jimmie Hendrix, Credence, Chris Ledoux, Santana and others.

I will be out there early again soon.

2. Member
    Bet your not out this A.M.

3. Member
    I golfed a bunch solo when I was in my 20's, would hit the course coming home from work and sneak in before evening leagues started. There was a sweet time from 4:30 - 6 where the course was almost empty. It really helped my game when I was worried about scoring well because I could focus more and didn't have to worry about the 4 some behind me or running into the group in front of me.

4. Member
    I'm going to the Ross Bridge resort for my birthday this coming weekend. I booked a 7am tee time for myself. I'm wondering if I'll be playing alone or with some others. I'd imagine its one of the first tee times of the day, I'd like to be done by 11am and sitting at the pool the rest of the day!

5. Member
    Nice birthday plans. I used to play 36 on my birthday. Cut back to just 18 for now as I don’t have many friends who can play 36 and at the end of July it is not exactly perfect weather in Oklahoma. Nice you have a May birthday.

6. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    I enjoy playing by myself and have most of my best rounds playing solo as it helps me stay focused on my game. As a golf coach, when playing with others that know that you're a coach, they always want and you want to help them so you forget about your game.

7. Member
    Always play alone. I really like playing with others at random as it gives a little competition to test my progress.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearetta View Post
    Nice birthday plans. I used to play 36 on my birthday. Cut back to just 18 for now as I don’t have many friends who can play 36 and at the end of July it is not exactly perfect weather in Oklahoma. Nice you have a May birthday.
    That is a fantastic golf course if you're ever in Birmingham. I did get paired with Father / Son saturday morning, nice guys. Also played Sunday with my Sisters BF, and two randoms. One of them even made a hole in one!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    I enjoy playing by myself and have most of my best rounds playing solo as it helps me stay focused on my game. As a golf coach, when playing with others that know that you're a coach, they always want and you want to help them so you forget about your game.
    Since your so close I could use some lessons.
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

10. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    And you could give me some lessons on Melton Hill.....lol.

I can do that
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

I just starting playing again after about 25 years off. I sometimes like to go to the driving range alone. If I'm going to play 9 or 18 I'd rather go with someone and prefer a foursome. I like a little competition.
    My favorite color is clear.

At least twice a month I play a round solo. However, I do not keep score. After I hit my drive, I will hit 3 second shots with three different clubs and all three with different ball trajectory. I will repeat this routine until I reach the green. It allows me to experiment without the pressure of keeping score.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.