Lake Milton 5-11-20

I fished Lake Milton for the first time with my buddy Jim last Monday. We just got back in town after a 3 day trip that we fished Milton, Mosquito, and Erie. Probably some of the worst May weather I've experienced. We ran into a couple snow squalls on the way to Milton. It snowed, sleeted, and rained a good part of the day. The good news is we had the whole lake to ourselves. Nobody was willing to join us out there I guess. Pretty cool lake from what I seen. We just wish we would have seen it under better conditions. I'm surprised we caught anything to be honest after that huge cool down. We managed some largemouth, smallmouth, and a muskie. Water temperature was running around 49 degrees. Local told us there are some pretty huge muskie in that lake. I think it's definitely something we'll go back and fish again someday. Jim and I don't use the YouTube for our videos anymore. If you would like to see the video of the trip, I'll leave a link below to a new host we're using. Like I said it looks like a good fishery. I'll get Mosquito Video up soon as I get time to process it. Pretty cool fishery!

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/fish...eo-t13639.html
    Last edited by bigbass201; 05-15-2020 at 07:48 AM.

Bigbass good to see you a had a great day at skeeter I can't get this link to work says no groups available?

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER487 View Post
    Bigbass good to see you a had a great day at skeeter I can't get this link to work says no groups available?

I edited it. See if that one directs you to it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbass201 View Post
    I edited it. See if that one directs you to it.
    Got it thanks

I haven't fished much in this part of the state other than the Portage Chain a couple lakes near that. I have to say after fishing southeast Ohio, central Ohio, and northeast Ohio. I think it's not even close when you talk about the best inland lake for bass. Mosquito Creek takes that by a landslide. One of the coolest places I fished was Ashtabula. Cool dynamics to those channels and rip rap break walls. I'd like to hit that sometime when it hasn't been beaten by a northeast wind for a week straight. Going to work on putting the other two videos together next couple days.

I haven't fished much in this part of the state other than the Portage Chain a couple lakes near that. I have to say after fishing southeast Ohio, central Ohio, and northeast Ohio. I think it's not even close when you talk about the best inland lake for bass. Mosquito Creek takes that by a landslide. One of the coolest places I fished was Ashtabula. Cool dynamics to those channels and rip rap break walls. I'd like to hit that sometime when it hasn't been beaten by a northeast wind for a week straight. Going to work on putting the other two videos together next couple days.
    Ashtabula if you hit right is a really fun place especially during the week day when there are not a bunch of boats. Mosquito has come a long way over the years from winning with 10lbs to now needing sometimes 18 to win.

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER487 View Post
    Ashtabula if you hit right is a really fun place especially during the week day when there are not a bunch of boats. Mosquito has come a long way over the years from winning with 10lbs to now needing sometimes 18 to win.
    They must have had a great year class on Mosquito. We had a lot of 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 pound fish that were fat and healthy. Maybe one or two short fish tops. Ashtabula does look like it would fish small with lots of boats there.

8. Member
    I fished Lake Milton for the first time with my buddy Jim last Monday. We just got back in town after a 3 day trip that we fished Milton, Mosquito, and Erie. Probably some of the worst May weather I've experienced. We ran into a couple snow squalls on the way to Milton. It snowed, sleeted, and rained a good part of the day. The good news is we had the whole lake to ourselves. Nobody was willing to join us out there I guess. Pretty cool lake from what I seen. We just wish we would have seen it under better conditions. I'm surprised we caught anything to be honest after that huge cool down. We managed some largemouth, smallmouth, and a muskie. Water temperature was running around 49 degrees. Local told us there are some pretty huge muskie in that lake. I think it's definitely something we'll go back and fish again someday. Jim and I don't use the YouTube for our videos anymore. If you would like to see the video of the trip, I'll leave a link below to a new host we're using. Like I said it looks like a good fishery. I'll get Mosquito Video up soon as I get time to process it. Pretty cool fishery!

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/fish...eo-t13639.html
    If you plan on going back try to go on a week day again. Weekends in the summer is like fishing in a blender.
    2020 VEXUS 1880 Victor Red
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I-Link MDI
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer
    10' Talons w/sandwich brackets

Nice video!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Quote Originally Posted by KennyVexus View Post
    If you plan on going back try to go on a week day again. Weekends in the summer is like fishing in a blender.
    Thanks. That's good to know.

Nice video!

Thanks Jeff