May 22 tournaments can resume???

Today the His Highness, the Governor , announced that on May 22 non-contact sports leagues can resume. I'm hoping that includes tournaments. I contacted the TD of one of our local circuits and he said that he saw where Team Bass Xtreme was granted permission to resume tournaments as of this coming weekend. Our TD is contacting ODNR to find out when we can resume our trail.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

2. Member
    I hope tournaments are included. It’s going to be hard to make up all of them with everyone rescheduling
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

It appears that local park authorities have the right to still deny permits, even after the Gov. said that non-contact outdoor sports could resume. Some parks are allowing previously permitted tournaments to occur and some parks are still prohibiting tournaments. So, we're at the mercy of local low level bureaucrats.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    So, we're at the mercy of local low level bureaucrats.
    Some of whom could not find their rear end with both hands. Sorry. I try to be positive every day, but could not resist this jab.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

5. Member
    we had some down here last weekend, no issues??
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    Some of whom could not find their rear end with both hands. Sorry. I try to be positive every day, but could not resist this jab.
    Jab away! They deserve it!

7. Member
    hopefully, in future elections people will pay more attention to whom they vote for!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    hopefully, in future elections people will pay more attention to whom they vote for!!
    As is often the case, the last election was deciding between the "least bad" of the two choices. Believe me, as much as we complain about DeWine on keeping things locked down so long and for lecturing adults like children, if his opponent would have won the current situation would be far worse.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    As is often the case, the last election was deciding between the "least bad" of the two choices. Believe me, as much as we complain about DeWine on keeping things locked down so long and for lecturing adults like children, if his opponent would have won the current situation would be far worse.

agree 10000000000000 percent whatever that number is!!!
    MAGA

10. Member
    I think they should line the politicians up behind the lawyers
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tlt20xd View Post
    I think they should line the politicians up behind the lawyers

90 percent of politicians are lawyers I bet.
    MAGA

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    I'm not sure this is at all deserved. I went down to Portage Lakes on May 17th and the ramp parking lots were so crowded the cars/trailers were parking all over the place, in the trees wherever. We went over to Long, same thing. There were 4 spots left at North and that's where we ended up. The DNR was at the state park ramps doing head counts. Tournament permits have to do with available parking and nothing to do with shelter orders. That's why mid-week tournaments are no problem and weekend tournaments depend on the lake and the date. It will only be harder to get permits if cancelled tournaments all try to reschedule on the few remaining weekend dates.

Let these guys do their job and be happy our lakes are all open.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

13. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I totally agree with your last sentiment, Jay. Most of the DNR guys are stand-up people, and doing a very necessary task. Our bass club has had some strange encounters with local park authorities, however.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio