AVX 1880 Owners in Central Texas?

I am looking at new boats and I am very impressed with what I have seen and read about the Vexus line of boats. I was originally looking at Nitro Z18, Ranger Z185, and Triton 189. My budget will allow up to about 40K. This will be my first boat and I will be fishing central Texas Lakes 99% of the time (Lakes Belton, Georgetown, Stillhouse Hollow) etc... and on occasion Bastrop or some other lakes. I am curious as to what you Vexus 1880 owners think and how well the boat does on Central Texas Lakes. If you are from an area other than Central Tx please chime in as well I was just looking for some thoughts of folks that might have one around here!
    Hope everyone is doing well and getting to fish some during this crazy time.

2. Member
    Rock solid tin rig. I looked at everything as my budget was close to yours. I took the 1880 with the 135 so I could afford better graphs, and I do not regret it one bit after a year of owning the boat. I have had the boat on big water and small water and never an issue fishing 3 guys at a time. Storage is great, fit and finish is great, boat handles like a bigger rig, it will turn on a dime and the gas usage is crazy good. I don't know about your lakes, but around here Cumberland , Kentucky, Barkley and several others are pretty darn big. I would highly recommend any size Vexus you can afford, they are just that good, along with Great customer service.

3. Member
    Thank you Guntucky I really appreciate the information. If you think of anything else that might help let me know. Would love the opportunity to ride in one if anyone around Central TX has one.
    Thank you again to all of you in advance. BBC is definitely a great place to find information on just about every topic one could think of!

4. Member
    Still curious if anyone in the central Texas area has a Vexus 1880 or 1980?

5. Member
    I'm not in central texas but as far as insight on the 1880, I have a little bit. Fished pool 14 of the Mississippi in about a 15-20 mph wind, I have an ultrex 80 and two helix 9's with the evinrude G2. Tournament load with 3/4 plus fuel, 2 guys, empty livewells, I was getting 46.5 against the current and touched 49 coming back with the current, held steady at 48.3, motor still isn't broken in. Hit some rollers up to 3' and it handled them ridiculously well. As for fishing in the wind I was battling a pretty stiff current as well so I would point my nose into the current where i wanted to be hit spot lock milk a spot for about 5 minutes then move to the next spot and do the same, either way I was extremely pleased with how the boat handled the water whether i was running or trolling. And yes it came in well under 40k that way.