Fishing together? Yes or no?

So I haven’t kept up with Gretchen’s rules lately. I have a friend coming up from Florida next week. Can I take him fishing on my bass boat? I went fishing local yesterday with a friend, but we fished from separate boats because we weren’t sure what the rules are.
    When fishing, it’s obviously not a problem to be 6 ft apart, but we’ll be shoulder to shoulder while running.

Anyone know the latest?

2. Member
    You are allowed to fish with proper social distancing. We have been same household so it's been the two kids up front and me usually at the back. You would have to have a CO or the Sheriff to be having really bad day to get a ticket while underway.

That being said we saw a guy busting through the pack driving it like he stole it and the Sheriff came out of nowhere and lit him up. He got a ticket for something. It looked like he didn't have PFD's. Just be careful and you should be fine as it warms up this weekend I'm sure they will be out to prove a point if someone screws up or does something to draw attn.

3. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    I just got back from there, I never saw law enforcement and saw many boats with 3+ people on them. I was solo. You'll be fine....

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

As of now the fishing guides can take customers out so I would say you guys will have no issues fishing from the same boat. Just use common sence as always to protect yourselves from sharing germs. The police are not issueing tickets. I mean why would the police put themselves at risk to issue a ticket for something that is the lowest form of an offence (if it still is) that the judge will dismiss anyways. If protestors are going to the state capital with no masking and carrying assualt weapons, the fisherman are the least of their concerns.
    Last edited by LennyB; 05-15-2020 at 04:06 PM.

5. Member
    You'll be fine, but they are out looking to write tickets. Last week I got a BS "large wake" ticket when I was idling into Harley. I launch from there all the time and never had any issue before.

Ya. You better be idle only at Harley or they will yell. Been that way forever tho
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

The extreme high water is a REAL PROBLEM for the land owners, some of which is now underwater.

8. Member
    So we talked to the Sheriff at Harley. They had some signs about the no wake zone. They warned us before launching and said take it slow or you're going to get a ticket. I told them I've been coming here for 15 years. I'm well aware of the rule.

They said once they hang the signs they are waiting to right tickets, no exceptions. Guess they need to put their foot down early with the high water

9. Member
    Pull your buffs up when side by side. Should be fine/

10. Member
    Yeah the guy wasn't even thinking of giving me a warning. I was going my normal 3 mph but with 15mph wind behind my back. I made my $140 contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by SAL321 View Post
    So we talked to the Sheriff at Harley. They had some signs about the no wake zone. They warned us before launching and said take it slow or you're going to get a ticket. I told them I've been coming here for 15 years. I'm well aware of the rule.

They said once they hang the signs they are waiting to right tickets, no exceptions. Guess they need to put their foot down early with the high water