Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Phoenix Cover Support System

Anyone know where to purchase that pole and straps Phoenix supplies for their covers? I like the ease and way they strap to cleats???

2. Member
    Have you called Tim at Phoenix?
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

Wow, crazy that didn't cross my mind, guess we all are really distracted from seeing the obvious lately huh, thanks !

4. Member
    Yup, sometimes a person just needs another pair of ears to dream up other things to try. LOL
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

5. Smallmouth Junkie!
    They will just bill it through your marina. I have a 2012 721XP. And got it to use with my cover. Works great!
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

6. Member
    I tried using the cover support, and I can not figure out how to install it. I'm not sure if I got all the correct pieces or if they sent them for the wrong boat. I have a 2019 721 and every way I tried to configure the poles and straps it will not layout correctly..

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBucketMouth33 View Post
    I tried using the cover support, and I can not figure out how to install it. I'm not sure if I got all the correct pieces or if they sent them for the wrong boat. I have a 2019 721 and every way I tried to configure the poles and straps it will not layout correctly..
    If you call your dealer they will help you out. I had to do that with my first Phoenix. It looks more complicated than it is. If you bought it from a private seller, call Phoenix directly as they are excellent at customer support.

As good as these boats are, Phoenix still has some opportunity for improvement. Something like this should be covered in the owners manual (which you can only get online) or on their website. And they still don't list all available options online. I'm glad they focus on the getting the boats right but hopefully they will catch up on stuff like this soon.

8. Member
    Agreed. I figured it would be simple to install, but I haven't messed with it much because I have a cover area my boat stays in. I will contact Tim and see if he can send me some info or give me some tips.

9. Member
    I have a 2013 721 Por XP. Do you remember how much it cost and is it hard to install?
    2013 Phoenix 721 XP
    2013 Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Lowrance HDS Carbon 9 and HDS 9 gen 3
    Twin 10' Talons

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichSkeeter77 View Post
    They will just bill it through your marina. I have a 2012 721XP. And got it to use with my cover. Works great!
    I have a 2013 721 Pro XP. Do you remember how much it cost and is it hard to install?
    2013 Phoenix 721 XP
    2013 Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Lowrance HDS Carbon 9 and HDS 9 gen 3
    Twin 10' Talons

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Va Phoenix View Post
    I have a 2013 721 Por XP. Do you remember how much it cost and is it hard to install?
    Tim told me one that fit a 819/919 sells for $950...…..probably a little higher for the bigger boats. I have mine listed for sale as I will never use it. He sent me a file of instructions on how they install. If anyone would like a copy send me your e-mail and I will forward to you if I can find it on my home computer.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBucketMouth33 View Post
    White straps hook through front cleats. The post on the front deck needs to stay completely collapsed. Rear support post should be extended and rest on the net storage lid. Black straps with buckles run back to rear grab bars, loop around front side of bar and buckle. If this doesn't work then you have the wrong one.
    Sean
    2016 Phoenix 721
    Mercury 250 ProXS

13. Member
    Would make a good sticky.
    Attached Files Attached Files

14. Member
    I had my cover modified so I wouldn't have to use those things. PM me your address and I'll send you mine.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass2dy View Post
    Anyone know where to purchase that pole and straps Phoenix supplies for their covers? I like the ease and way they strap to cleats???
    Did you not get them with your boat? Should have......

Thanks sll , THAT pdf WAS REAL HELPFUL!!!!!!!!

17. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Va Phoenix View Post
    I have a 2013 721 Pro XP. Do you remember how much it cost and is it hard to install?
    I believe it was $85 shipped. It all depends on if your marina adds a little extra on. And I found it to be relatively easy to install.
    Last edited by MichPhoenix77; 05-18-2020 at 08:30 PM.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

18. Member
    I'm an idiot. Thanks for the pdf. Explains where i have been going wrong. For some reason I thought i heard/read somewhere that the pole with the white straps had to sit in the seat hole in the front. Explains why i was about 18" short for the other post to sit on net storage lid..Thanks man I sure appreciate it

The single pole goes on the floor in front of where the passenger conskkle would be if not installed. I posted a video on folding the cover so it will store back in the bag.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sll View Post
    Would make a good sticky.
    Agree

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast