Dogwood lake ? Drained for repairs??

Had a friend tell me they drained the lake to do boat ramp repairs this winter. Any truth to that and is it fish worthy now? I called the office up there and got the answering machine. Says the lake is open but nothing about ramps, etc.

I have never fished that lake but would like to take my 10YO son fishing for some bass and crappie. Just want to try something new.

Thanks for any information.

I was there last week and weeks before. All is normal. If they drained it I dont know when. As I am by there several times each winter. Now I think they let water out of Patoka Lake to work on the Dam.
    SeaArk ZX200DC Mercury 115 FourStroke

3. Member
    OK. Fishing trip in the works then.

4. Member
    If that's the case. I hope they work on Patoka dam for the next 3 or 4 years...

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfish 24-7 View Post
    OK. Fishing trip in the works then.
    I've never been but have talked to others that say there are a lot of stumps to hit the motor on even though it's idle speed only...keep your eyes open..

Quote Originally Posted by BackLash625 View Post
    I've never been but have talked to others that say there are a lot of stumps to hit the motor on even though it's idle speed only...keep your eyes open..
    A lot doesn't even begin to describe it. Dogwood would be a cool lake to see with the water drawn down.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

I used to fish it alot when I lived down there. Lot of bass in that lake, and I think it is fun to fish with all the wood in it. Best of all not much pressure other than people fishing for bluegill and crappie.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

8. Member
    Dogwood is normal pool. Not sure,,but we had 50-60 mph winds couple weeks ago,,and the marker bouys marking channel were blowed off channel..and not sure if DNR has them put back. Dogwood also now has a 9” size limit on crappies.

9. Member
    Doesn't matter about the marker bouys as they are never correct in that lake, stayed in the channel one time and killed the motor 3-4 times going to 1 spot. Water was 20+ in that area and i was hitting the tops of tree's. I don't fish it much but anytime i do i just stay on the TM.
    2019 Triton 20 TRX Patriot, Merc 250 4 stroke