08 Z520 Anyone w/Lowrance Ghost?

How does the foot pedal fit? Have to do any "leveling" for the trolling motor?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by back_lash View Post
    How does the foot pedal fit? Have to do any "leveling" for the trolling motor?
    I have one. Foot pedal fit perfect. Just above flush, which is what i like. Very level. I did have to drill an additional hole through the foot pedal tray into the space under the bow to run some of the cords. They wouldn’t all fit through the one hole that my boat had.
    2022 Ranger Z520R, 2022 Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    Dual 16” Lowrance Live’s at console, 12” Live with Active Target, Garmin 8612 and Livescope, and Humminbird 12” Mega 360 at the bow
    Lowrance Ghost TM

3. Member
    I just installed mine this week. Just getting it ready for the water.
    My experience is the same as the Doctor’s. I posted earlier that my cover still fits!
    “Good Luck”

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGear View Post
    I just installed mine this week. Just getting it ready for the water.
    My experience is the same as the Doctor’s. I posted earlier that my cover still fits!
    “Good Luck”
    Questions:
    Using a "flat" cover?
    47"?
    No shims under the trolling motor? Think I saw something posted about having to do that. Might be a different model?

5. Member
    Flat cover.
    47” shaft. The short one.
    No shims or washer or wedge plate.

6. Member
    This is good to hear ....... as I'm still torn between the Ghost and Ultrex.
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger391v View Post
    my buddy has the new Ghost. I have an Ultrex. Fished them both. Only difference that was worth mentioning was the remote. I dont use it all the time but some conditions make it worth having. and it just is cool to have that option. Also, if you want to link there is the Lowrance v Hummingbird thing.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger391v View Post
    It would depend on other electronics. If I had Birds, I’d go with Ultrex. If I had Lowrance, I’d go with Ghost.
    2022 Ranger Z520R, 2022 Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    Dual 16” Lowrance Live’s at console, 12” Live with Active Target, Garmin 8612 and Livescope, and Humminbird 12” Mega 360 at the bow
    Lowrance Ghost TM

9. Member
    I have Ultrex, but I think the Ghost is better. Just spent time with a guy that has 21 Phoenix and Ghost. I only want strong power, battery life and spot lock. I am considering selling Ultrex to switch.

10. Member
    I don't want to sidetrack back_lash's thread ........ but that's been my problem when trying to decide between the 2 ....... my Lowrance Gen3's are old enough that I don't get the full advantages of the Ghost ...... but then again I wouldn't get that many advantages out of the Ultrex other than spotlock. And Spotlock is the only main reason I'm considering upgrading b/c I'm too ignorant about what either trolling motor has to offer me, and how I can apply it to be better at fishing.

Again, I don't want to side track back_lash's thread ....... and I need to keep reading. ........... THANKS to you guys who commented above (I do appreciate it).

-391v
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafishmo View Post
    my buddy has the new Ghost. I have an Ultrex. Fished them both. Only difference that was worth mentioning was the remote. I dont use it all the time but some conditions make it worth having. and it just is cool to have that option. Also, if you want to link there is the Lowrance v Hummingbird thing.
    You are aware the Ghost has a remote control if you want it? The advantages of the Ghost are significant, considering the brushless motor, much better efficiency and longer battery life, fly by wire so no broken cables, and more realistic cable feel steering. The built-in nosecone transducer works with all HDS generations, not just the LIVE and Carbon series, and since it is a brushless motor, there is no sonar interference.

To answer to OPs questions, yes the pedal fits just right in the recessed tray. Some Z520 boats require a shim under one or two of the front bolts, but this is simple to add to the Ghost as it comes with the hard rubber shims (one for each bolt though you may only need two at the most, and maybe none). I didn't need any on my O8 Z20.
    Last edited by Marc Marcantonio; 05-21-2020 at 08:43 PM.
    ciao,
    Marc