Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Next weekend tourneys.....

So since next weekend is the first weekend there can be tourneys anyone know of any....

Hearing the release that is circulating was only a proposal that is still being reviewed. No official word yet.

How about a tournament this weekend on Barren. They have two post that were made May the 8th. One is a flyer/waiver with rules and the other is the announcement they are firing up May 16. In years past under normal circumstance they typically draw a decent crowd...https://www.facebook.com/BarrenRiverFishingLeague/...If my memory is correct they have regular season events for points scheduled throughout the year but they also have a open tournament every Saturday from spring until fall. I am sure you can find the details in the FB link I posted.
    Last edited by JR19; 05-14-2020 at 02:41 PM.

4. Member
    They shut down those tournaments just yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by kyduck View Post
    They shut down those tournaments just yesterday
    I think the comments they posted were interesting..."The commissioner has now shut us down. We was attempting this WITH permission and hopes to make this effective for everyone and every club."...if they had permission then who gave them permission and it would also be interesting to know what commissioner shut them down. In one of the post they said "Now that tournament fishing is being opened back up on May 22nd officially. We will be starting our regular Saturday morning this Saturday along with our BRFL and continuing them every sat there after." The simple solution seemed to be to wait until the May 22 instead of firing up May 16. Either way I have no dog in the fight but I still find it interesting someone gave them permission to fire up a week earlier than what they said the official announcement of the opening date was.

6. Member
    Well it's over as of June 1st tournament's can be held.

7. Member
    I bet next weekend will be crazy busy. Guarantee there will be multiple tournaments on each lake plus heavy Memorial Day pleasure boat traffic.
    A.J. Kelty Versailles KY
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite

Gov. Beshear said the state would also be expanding June 1 reopening guidance to include aquatic centers (which does not include public pools), fishing tournaments and auto/dirt track racing.This is the first statement that I have seen. Has a date and specifically states fishing tournaments.

It's my understanding that Governor Beshear has been giving daily updates since the outbreak of the Corona virus hit KY. I was told you could find a link that gave his reports so I looked and found the most recent one. Sure enough Governor Beshear states tournaments can resume June 1 with new guidelines...now I read the entire article and never found the new guidelines. I suppose they are somewhere to be found and I just don't know where to look.

For those interested click on this link and go almost to the bottom of the section titled "Reopening Tourism" to see what the official word is from Governor Beshear... https://kentucky.gov/Pages/Activity-...shear&prId=169

Hey Gene I thing those are pretty much the same guidelines that were put in place at the start of phase one

11. Member
    We were out there fun fishing early am and there was still a tournament that took off over by the peninsula about 17 boats or so...guess they didn't get the memo.

12. Member
    I think what we all have forgotten is this is a FREE country!!
    Thanks,
    Last edited by dt16; 05-19-2020 at 03:33 AM.

13. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dt16 View Post
    I think what we all have forgotten is this is a FREE country!! Nuff said
    Thanks,
    BJ
    ...freedom is not free to do anything you want. There is consequences a person must pay. The first amendment says I can use offensive language but if I do it here I will get banned. Heck I am running a fine line right now talking political here on this forum. People talk about living in a free country as if they're free to do whatever they want and that is simply just not the case. Without laws and regulations I would not want to live in this country. Imagine if a person was truly free to do whatever they wanted.

14. Member
    Soooo.... as privately operated, public forum BBC are free to make/enforce rules with all parties involved knowing the risk vs consequences without government telling them what's best. Yet the same government has the right to tell a privately operated tournament series on a public body of water, with all parties knowing and accepting the risk they are taking, they cannot hold a tournament?

Sorry, I'm not trying to get involved in a political argument, just got a chuckle out of your analogy and the smarta$$ in me was dieing to step out of quarantine for a moment
    Last edited by Jimmy3; 05-20-2020 at 04:48 AM.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    ...freedom is not free to do anything you want. There is consequences a person must pay. The first amendment says I can use offensive language but if I do it here I will get banned. Heck I am running a fine line right now talking political here on this forum. People talk about living in a free country as if they're free to do whatever they want and that is simply just not the case. Without laws and regulations I would not want to live in this country. Imagine if a person was truly free to do whatever they wanted.
    Is fishing a crime? Is fishing with another person a crime? Until it is, don’t tell me and/or threaten me that I can’t do it. That’s my point. And yes, there are constitutions, amendments, etc. that state I am allowed to do that but I’m not going there. If I want to “risk” my health by going fishing whether it’s with somebody else or not, I will. Not for you or anybody else to decide. The club I fish is prepay. So we paid wayyyy before all this nonsense started. Only interaction we have with one another is drawing a chip before, and weighing after. What’s the difference in that and going to the grocery store? Regardless if one is essential or not, they come with the same risk. It’s all up to YOU, to determine if ones worth it or not.
    2017 Nitro Z20 w/ Mercury 250 Pro XS
    MK Ultrex 112# Mega DI/ Mega 360
    Console: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MSI G3N
    Bow: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MDI G4N

16. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    No
    No
    I never threaten you or anyone they could not go fishing.
    People need grocery's to survive. Tournaments are catch and release so no food is provided.

I respect you reply. Tournaments will fire up soon. Hopefully this is a sign of things getting back to normal. Just so people are on the same page as me the intent of reply #13 about freedom was not directly related to fishing or tournaments. It was regarding how we are not free to just simply do whatever we want. Imagine if we lived in a lawless society and there was no rules and regulations. I don't think living in total anarchy would be very fun. The type society we live in is in my opinion a perfect balance of freedom with laws and regulations that limit our freedoms to keep our-self from becoming anarchist.

17. Member
    JR19 I knew what you were saying. This world you are either on the right side or left side and no in the middle. I know one thing I've been fishing every weekend somewhere and loving it. Cumberland and Green are on fire. The bass are guarding fry. It's been great so with or without tournament's it's been a blast this year.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    No
    No
    I never threaten you or anyone they could not go fishing.
    People need grocery's to survive. Tournaments are catch and release so no food is provided.

I respect you reply. Tournaments will fire up soon. Hopefully this is a sign of things getting back to normal. Just so people are on the same page as me the intent of reply #13 about freedom was not directly related to fishing or tournaments. It was regarding how we are not free to just simply do whatever we want. Imagine if we lived in a lawless society and there was no rules and regulations. I don't think living in total anarchy would be very fun. The type society we live in is in my opinion a perfect balance of freedom with laws and regulations that limit our freedoms to keep our-self from becoming anarchist.
    JR, I didn’t mean you specifically. I meant more anybody in general. Sorry if that came off the wrong way. I’m just tired of hearing people tell the other side what they can and can’t do. It’s getting old really fast. Again, sorry if offended. I didn’t mean you. Just wish everybody could just fish and get along!
    2017 Nitro Z20 w/ Mercury 250 Pro XS
    MK Ultrex 112# Mega DI/ Mega 360
    Console: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MSI G3N
    Bow: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MDI G4N

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by B.Combs View Post
    If I want to “risk” my health by going fishing whether it’s with somebody else or not, I will.
    Thus the reason for the no tournaments thing so everybodys elses health won't be risked because of some being to good to abide by the social distancing thing like was aimed at by the executive order. It's really not that hard to comprehend. I like tournament fishing & do it quite often, but i also totally agreed with the reason the order was given. Crowding together has proven to cause it to spread & how many others would someone that fished a 20 boat tournament come into contact with in a weeks time not including the anglers in the other 19 boats. The odds are pretty good that that one infected person that fished that 20 boat tournament just infected somebody else.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    Thus the reason for the no tournaments thing so everybodys elses health won't be risked
    If someone doesn't want to assume that risk, STAY HOME. Nobody is forcing the scared people into society.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast