Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by headhigh View Post
    I can remember my mom listening to Eddie Rabbit.
    I Love a Rainy Night! Guy did some great singalong music. Who doesn't want to join in when you're cruising down the road and Drivin My Life Away comes on the radio

2. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    I Love a Rainy Night! Guy did some great singalong music. Who doesn't want to join in when you're cruising down the road and Drivin My Life Away comes on the radio
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

3. Member
    I learned how drive on a Plymouth Valiant with 3-on-the-tree.

4. Member
    We only had 3 black and white TV channels to chose from. No remotes and the channels all went off the air around midnight after playing the National Anthem

5. Member
    I remember in the seventies that you were the boss if you had a bathtub shaped Bomber with an Evinrude 85 equipped with a Ray Jeffers flasher and an anchor mate on both end. You would have two Lews rods. A spinning rod with a Mitchell reel and a bait caster with an Ambassador 5500C . For tackle a pocket full of grape jelly worms and rebel lures in you Plano tackle box.
    I almost forgot the polyester one piece jump suit.

6. Member
    I remember when switching between low beams and high beams in your car was done with the left foot
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

7. Member
    I remember in the seventies that you were the boss if you had a bathtub shaped Bomber with an Evinrude 85 equipped with a Ray Jeffers flasher and an anchor mate on both end. You would have two Lews rods. A spinning rod with a Mitchell reel and a bait caster with an Ambassador 5500C . For tackle a pocket full of grape jelly worms and rebel lures in you Plano tackle box.
    I almost forgot the polyester one piece jump suit.

8. Member
    I can remember when we had a 2 hole outhouse in the back yard and a hand pump at the kitchen sink.
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

Quote Originally Posted by csurp View Post
    I learned how drive on a Plymouth Valiant with 3-on-the-tree.
    I learned on a 1949 Ford truck straight 6 and a granny 4 speed. I was 11 or 12. My granddad let me drive all over the farm with that old truck

10. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    I can remember when a person would cough to cover up the sound of a fart. Now they fart to cover up the sound of a cough.

11. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    519’s are selling now for almost what I paid for mine brand new in 05’.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

I remember when we got a car with AC. 84 Chevy Celebrity station wagon.

I remember when we got our first VCR. 1st movie rental. Bill Cosby Himself. I believe it was from Blockbuster but not sure.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

I remember my dad having a CB radio in the car. He would plug a white earplug in and have his thermos of coffee when would drive 27hrs straight through from Jax NC to Maribel WI.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

14. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Boats have gone sky high. A lot due to electronics and TMs but even those are way over priced! And the graphs these days have way more features than 90 percent of us need or even know how to use.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeSF View Post
    We only had 3 black and white TV channels to chose from. No remotes and the channels all went off the air around midnight after playing the National Anthem
    yep... for sure... and we kids were the “remote control” for the three sometimes 4 channels

When I was 15 and had a learner's permit, I drove my Grandfather's 1937 Graham SuperCharger 6 around the block, with my oldest brother being the adult PIC. It was a 3 on the floor. The starter switch was on the firewall near the transmission tunnel. I don't recall if it even had turn signals or two tail lights. The engine was a a Continental flathead 6, which was still commonly used in forklifts well into the '70's or later. The car went into Harrah's Car Museum in Sparks, NV, and we stopped in and saw it there in '76. They detailed it and put it on the showroom floor. Ugly car....

I remember the flood in Norfolk, VA in winter of 1949, and I remember the Republican Presidential Nomination of Eisenhauer/Nixon, and the Democrat Nomination of Stevenson/Sparkman. Why?
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brushsjigs View Post
    OK now I feel better, Im not that old, lol. I remember gas in the .80 cents range

I'll never forget my dad cursing when gas went above 34 cents. No more 3 gallons for a dollar. My first car gas was under a dollar. The last tank I put in it the gas had gone over a dollar for first time. Then I had a fender bender that totalled the front end and never drove it again. Eventually sold it for parts.

18. Member
    Im 62..things I remember:

Ive seen a gallon of gas for 15 cents..leaded or unleaded
    Speed limit on interstate was 55
    Cars had points and coil
    Grandparents had outhouse and no running water..wood stove and wash pail. piss pots
    People would visit for a long time.
    5 & dime stores
    A mans word had meaning
    My granddad would let neighbors borrow his work horse if they treated his horse good.
    screen doors
    bias ply tires run till they were slicks..then retreads
    only AM radio
    etc.
    1989 Coleman Crawdad
    55 lb Minn Kota Endura Max

19. Member
    I'm so old I remember moving the out house and burning the hole out to move the out house back. Aaah not so fond memories

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stratosjoe View Post
    I'm so old I remember moving the out house and burning the hole out to move the out house back. Aaah not so fond memories
    Used to work with the son of a preacher. His dad would move around a lot. Sometimes the accommodations weren't very modern in the house set aside for them. He told a story about one property that had the outhouse. On a particular day an uncle was visiting overnight and the kids moved the outhouse back a few steps revealing the hole. When the uncle got up in the middle of the night to go he fell into the hole.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast