RT188 hot foot install

Debating putting one on my RT.

What all will I need? Hot foot assembly, slider assembly and longer throttle cable, what else? What cable length is everyone using? (2017 Merc Pro Xs 115 4s CT).

What is needed for blinker trim?

Thanks

Roger
    Semper Fi

2. Member
    The attached is not my boat but, I put an arrow where this person ran their cable and a circle where I ran mine. I did not use a slider nor did this person (up to you). I am almost positive the cable length was 15 ft. As far as the blinker trim you won't need anything special. Standard tools.

ranger hot foot.jpg

Have a good one and thank God for it!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbdad View Post
    Debating putting one on my RT.

What all will I need? Hot foot assembly, slider assembly and longer throttle cable, what else? What cable length is everyone using? (2017 Merc Pro Xs 115 4s CT).

What is needed for blinker trim?

Thanks

Roger

What did you end up going with? I am looking at adding a hotfoot to my 2019 RT188 with the Merc Pro XS 115 4s CT as well and was interested in hotfoot and cable used as well as blinker trim setup.
    2019 Ranger RT188
    Thomas Martin

4. Member
    Cable should be 2' longer than factory hand control cable, at least that was what it was on my Tracker 190 which is 18'8" my factory cable was 13' and the hot foot cable was 15'
    2006 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX 115 Merc

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moose364 View Post
    Cable should be 2' longer than factory hand control cable, at least that was what it was on my Tracker 190 which is 18'8" my factory cable was 13' and the hot foot cable was 15'
    I have been seeing mostly guys who have hotfoots with the Yamaha SHO but not the Merc 115 4s. Seems like they are using 16' cables but to your point 2' should have covered it.
    2019 Ranger RT188
    Thomas Martin

6. Member
    I used a 16' cable because I used the top loader Hot Foot Pro and ran my cable out of the hole where the factory wiring goes into the console. Since that hole sits so far forward, the cable loops up into the console and back down to the hot foot. I needed the extra length to get that loop without having a really sharp bend. If you cut a hole further back, like FlFedAngler did, you could get away with a shorter cable. You could do what I did and I ordered a 14',15', and 16' cable from Amazon and test fit each one, then returned the ones I didn't use.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagregss View Post
    I used a 16' cable because I used the top loader Hot Foot Pro and ran my cable out of the hole where the factory wiring goes into the console. Since that hole sits so far forward, the cable loops up into the console and back down to the hot foot. I needed the extra length to get that loop without having a really sharp bend. If you cut a hole further back, like FlFedAngler did, you could get away with a shorter cable. You could do what I did and I ordered a 14',15', and 16' cable from Amazon and test fit each one, then returned the ones I didn't use.
    Excellent information Pagregss I had seen some of your posts which were helpful and I am considering going your route since I liked that hot foot the best. I will probably get the 15' and 16' cables and go from there.
    2019 Ranger RT188
    Thomas Martin

8. Member
    Anyone running a Hot foot in an RT who is over 6ft?

I’m 6’3” and have been wanting to install one for a while, the only thing stopping me is I’m worried about leg room.