Boat Cover Support

Hey guys. I came up with a design for your gambler boat cover (or any other boat) that will keep it totally dry with no water pockets. If you have to store your boat outside for periods of time this is a must! You can build it in less than an hour using 1-1/2" PVC. Wish I had this 10 years ago! P.S. Don't glue the long runs or middle stand so that you can disassemble it when on the road.

IMG_6853.jpg

Just be aware...PVC pipe under that cover in the hot sunshine....it will be hot enough to soften the pipe and it will bend. Not that its a bad thing, as it will form to the cover. I made one that ran from port to starboard right in front of the console.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblinman View Post
    Just be aware...PVC pipe under that cover in the hot sunshine....it will be hot enough to soften the pipe and it will bend. Not that its a bad thing, as it will form to the cover. I made one that ran from port to starboard right in front of the console.
    That's true about the heat. That's why i installed the brace in the middle. Without the brace it did sag in the middle due to heat. But Indiana doesn't get very hot either.

yep that will make a great diffence...nice job...
    i always would take a Pro pole and lay the seat down right between the consoles over the quick draw boxes...works ok...
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

I use the big workout balls that you can buy at Walmart. blow them all the way up sit one in between the seat and the motor. the other one in the center of the deck on the front. They never collapse and they keep all the rain out. Also, they’re cheap.

6. Member
    I just use my pedestal seats with the cover I have. Never had any issues with it.
    1993 Gambler 206

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BW544 View Post
    I just use my pedestal seats with the cover I have. Never had any issues with it.
    Factory Gambler/Sterling cover is made sleek to the contour of the boat for use without the pedestals in.

8. Banned
    I used a rope between the front (short ped)and back pedestal. This is a BP cover and I've done 85 towing and it stayed tight47b7d727b3127ccebab29463e34100000026100AbN2bNozbt2Pg.jpg