Another air fryer question!!!! Fresh french fries??

Anyone have any magic tricks / coatings etc for air fried french fries. I have a commercial cutter I use to make fries and they do turn out very good. My go to method is to cut them and soak in water for a bit to remove some of the starch. Then dry them as best I can and coat in a bit of olive oil After that whatever seasoning and into the air fryer they go.

I cant complain at all as they remind me a lot of the fresh cut fries you get from pen station. What I would like though is a little more crisp. Something more along the lines of a traditional deep fried french fry.

Just looking for other ideas really.

Another question I have is could I cut a bunch of fries and freeze them raw. I sometimes just buy the bags of pre cooked fries and use those in the air fryer but ultimately they were originally deep fried. So probably a bit of a health benefit of using fresh / frozen which were not originally deep fried.

Anyways random questions.

Fries are best when done twice. The first to cook, let them cool, then hit them again to crisp them.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fr8dog View Post
    Fries are best when done twice. The first to cook, let them cool, then hit them again to crisp them.
    Well I have read that in regards to deep frying fries. Does that apply to air fryers as well ? If thats the case ill cook up a bunch and them just freeze them for a final cook later.

Just disregard that. I did a batch at straight 400* today. They came out pretty close to the double cooked ones with less effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Well I have read that in regards to deep frying fries. Does that apply to air fryers as well ? If thats the case ill cook up a bunch and them just freeze them for a final cook later.
    +1, cut fries day ahead and soak in water, cook until 3/4 done and freeze. Next day cook until crisp.
    I BELIEVE!!!!