Thread: TRX 21 Set-up

Question TRX 21 Set-up

Hey guys, I’m looking to get the best performance I can out of my rig. What kind of Jack plate, prop, height from pad to prop shaft, speed and whatever info you have. I have a 17 TRX-21 with a Mercury 250 Pro XS stroke with dual power poles. So anyone with the same or close to the same rig is what I’m interested in. Thanks for the input.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lil TR20 View Post
    Hey guys, I’m looking to get the best performance I can out of my rig. What kind of Jack plate, prop, height from pad to prop shaft, speed and whatever info you have. I have a 17 TRX-21 with a Mercury 250 Pro XS stroke with dual power poles. So anyone with the same or close to the same rig is what I’m interested in. Thanks for the input.
    Go to my "latest started threads" about half way down. Hope it helps you.

3. Member
    In your “started thread” what do the 2 degree wedges accommodate for and what would be the result if you did not have them?
    2014 Ranger Z520C, Yamaha 250 SHO

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike A View Post
    In your “started thread” what do the 2 degree wedges accommodate for and what would be the result if you did not have them?
    The wedges allow the bow to lift more and thus help you increase top end speed.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    The wedges allow the bow to lift more and thus help you increase top end speed.
    Correct. The wedges give you more positive trim by changing the motor angle to the transom. The wedges had no negative impact on holeshot on my rig.

6. Member
    Is there some link to some details on how this makes a difference? I have a 10inch hydraulic jackplate. A 2 degree spacer would add negative trim and I can see that would aid in getting on plane. As far as adding positive trim, I can currently trim my boat to where the prop would be out of the water, so why would adding positive trim help? I am looking to understand, not argue. thanks.

PS - I have had an hour plus discussion with a racing prop builder I won't name. He adds cup and rake to props for lift. I had 2 props done by him and it made a big difference in lift, but hurt time to plane.
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

7. Member
    You can TILT the motor out of the water,
    you can only TRIM the motor to the trim stop while under power , the wedges are added as positive trim 2-5 degrees more trim which raises the nose of the boat,that along with prop work to create tail and bow lift can help get the boat up out of the water. Creating less drag which can create more speed.
    your hole shot can be adjusted via the pvs plugs.