Ordered the cx21 pro

Pulled the trigger I got convinced, ran a Phoenix last couple years before that several stratos 201s can anyone give me some set up tips, performance numbers and any other info. Dealer said it’s coming with a 24 fury 3 blade and 10” hydraulic plate 250 mercury proxs 4 stroke

2. Member
    Caymasman250 will be along shortly. Hes running same rig. Hes tested props.

3. Member
    That is my setup on my CX-21 Pro. The motor likes to run deep. I run mine around 4-5 on the trim gauge. I am running the 24 Fury 3 blade as my 25 Fury customized by Mark Croxton was too much and I could not get the RPM’s out of it as the 24 Fury. I have been up to 71 in speed with full tournament load and full tank of gas but just for a minute as I am still in the break-in stage, currently 7 hours, with the first 2 hours at no more than 4500 RPM but you can trim the engine. Be sure to check and see if they are installing the water pressure sensor for your Smart Craft. A very comfortable ride I think better than my last Triton TRX 20. Also my Caymas is a Dual Console with Power Poles.
    Last edited by CAYMAS1; 05-13-2020 at 05:53 PM.
    CAYMAS1

4. Member
    Yes I did mention to him about the water pressure issue, also about making sure I get my basic info on the gauge page of the lowrance, my stratos was like that always wanted the jo all way down , Phoenix wanted the plate high with little trim , I’m sure it will work out, I was hearing these bouts was in the 72-75 mph range I guess there is still some failing in

5. Banned
    Ran a fury today, went back to the ramp and put my Tempest back on. I get more bow lift and speed from my 24 Tempest.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaymasMan250 View Post
    Ran a fury today, went back to the ramp and put my Tempest back on. I get more bow lift and speed from my 24 Tempest.
    What kind of numbers you running with the 24 temest vs 24 fury, I’m in south la so we are high humidity and thick water

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam378 View Post
    What kind of numbers you running with the 24 temest vs 24 fury, I’m in south la so we are high humidity and thick water
    73.7 with the Tempest, couldn’t break 70 with the fury. Both of these boats I’ve had like the motor run way down on the plate. I don’t think you will see the same numbers I’m getting with the conditions you are in but I’d definitely try a tempest. I was running them on my 22trx tritons and they perform better on those boats than the fury did.

8. Member
    73.7 with the Tempest, couldn’t break 70 with the fury. Both of these boats I’ve had like the motor run way down on the plate. I don’t think you will see the same numbers I’m getting with the conditions you are in but I’d definitely try a tempest. I was running them on my 22trx tritons and they perform better on those boats than the fury did.
    Yeah gonna try and ge my hands on a 24 tempest. Sucks pry much have to buy a prop to be able to test it

9. Banned
    My boat came from the factory with the tempest.

10. Member
    My boat came from the factory with the tempest.
    Well hopefully mine will to, all I have at the house is fury’s

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam378 View Post
    Well hopefully mine will to, all I have at the house is fury’s
    Dealer should have the option from the factory or he should trade it right there in house before you pick it up. Good dealer can and will make something that simple happen.

12. Member
    On my CX21 I’ve had better luck with a 23p furry. 72-74. The 24p furry she runs 68-71.5