1880 Compartment Use

How is everyone filling their compartments on their 1880? I take delivery of my 2020 AVX 1880 G2 on 22May and will likely be fishing a tourney on 26May so I want to see what everyone is doing with their tackle, landing net, bump board, cooler, spare boat equipment, etc.

2. Member
    Sent you a PM
    2020 VEXUS 1880 Victor Red
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I-Link MDI
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer
    10' Talons w/sandwich brackets

3. Member
    Tackle port side, rods center, life jackets rainsuits starboard. In the back I have a cooler and an anchor, some day stuff (sweatshirts etc). I have not begun to fill it. I may try to move some tackle to the back to see if I can get more bow lift (not that I'm in need of it, but more is better).
    I bought theses for my 3700s https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bass...er-100030964-1
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

4. Member
    I also use those Bass Pro Shops box carriers. I have two and use then for my 3600 boxes that I put in the back two compartments. The carriers hold eight 3600 turned one way or six 3700 boxes turned the other way. I use the front port locker for clothes, scale, fire extinguisher, PFDs, gloves, tools. I use the front port box for my co-angler’s tackle and one Plano 705 Pro-Latch Stowaway box. These Pro-Latch 14” x 14” open boxes hold a lot of odds and ends, and will fit on top of the Bass Pro Shops box carriers in the back boxes too. It helps them fit to take the Vexus padded liner out as these BPS carriers are smooth canvas on the bottom and won’t scratch box. My black Gator Grip 25” bump board fits behind the middle seat. I tie a braided line scissor, a line clipper, and a collapsible dog bowl to the elastic cord at the co-angler rod station on the port side and catch my collapsible landing net’s netting in elastic cord’s clip to keep if from blowing out.
    Last edited by Jimbug; 05-16-2020 at 08:21 AM.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

5. Member
    Zaprod71, I see you're running the 135, I'll have the 115 ho and I know this boat is no speed demon so I want to maximize speed and bow lift like you mentioned. What kind of speed are you seeing with that setup?

6. Member
    I get 51-53, 3/4 of tank, 2 in the boat, and gear. That is with the prop that the boat came with. Hole shot is not an issue so I am ordering a 2nd prop and I'll be going up to a 21". There are not a lot of Evinrudes out there to compare with, but everyone I have spoken with gets the same, an this is what Vexus expects. I have yet to run it with just me. The Mercs and Yamas get 46-49, so I think you would be in between.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance