Pro Team 175 Battery Upgrade

Looking to upgrade my batteries. I'm upgrading to a 24 volt trolling motor so will have to install a 3rd battery as well. Just curious what's the biggest for all 3 that I can get to fit this is the 2020 model.

2. Member
    I do not have a 175 or a 2020 model but I think that area is the same on all of the revolution hull models. Groups 29/31 batteries will fit. 3 of them as long as you use certain battery trays. The battery trays that came with mine would not allow installing 3 batteries.

3. Member
    Do I need a battery tray with agm's if I were to use web strappings?

4. Member
    I tried calling tracker dealer but they weren't very helpful. Pretty much stated they only rig per Tracker's specs.

5. Member
    Got 3 in mine pretty easily, ordered a battery from amazon, 34 Optima cranking battery in the front, 24 and some other larger size trolling battery. And yes I know both of your trolling batteries should be the same size but I used what I already had. Going to put a 3 bank charger in soon.
    IMG_20200514_174500.jpg

6. #FRB
    Yeah 3 29's or 31's will fit fine. But with a 24v trolling motor a pair of group 24 deep cycles will do fine most of the time to save weight. Fished 10 hours today with most of that punching the wind on a wind blown bank pattern and still had plenty of juice left when I left. To be safe 3 group 29's would be perfect.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

7. Member
    Gotcha I guess my main issue is that livescope and graphs are power hungry so I guess cranking battery needs to be a 31 and the trolling batteries can be smaller size. Will 3 battery trays for or will I have to custom make a tray

8. #FRB
    I think I still have one battery tray in mine but the other two batteries are just sitting there. I know, some will say it's not safe but I haven't had any problems. I run a group 31 Interstate AGM for my cranking/acc battery. Nearly 4 years later it's still going strong. I catch and release so don't run pumps but when night fishing you still need to run lights.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

9. Member
    You definitely want to secure them down somehow. Especially in an aluminum boat. You can probably get away without securing them but Murphy is bound to screw you over at some point.

I have group 27 trolling batteries and a group 31 cranking. The batter that comes with these boats has plenty of cranking amps but not enough reserve once you add several dpethfinders. I have three depthfinders and I usually fish one or two spots all day and after the depthfinders were on for 7 hours or so at a time it killed the battery quick. I am pretty sure my depth of discharge was too extreme. Went to a group 31 with a good reserve rating and I got plenty of juice now.

10. Member
    Thats so it sounds like 2 group 27's for trolling and a group 31 for cranking accessories. Far as battery trays go will 3 trays fit? I thought i saw somewhere that 3 trays wouldn't?

11. Member
    3 battery trays will fit but they need to be specific trays as most on the market do not fit. It all depends on where the mounting flange is. A lot of them are too large to fit when you take into account the flange for the mounting screws.

12. Member
    What is the specific Group 31 tray will fit in a Tracker 190TXW for the cranking battery? I want to change from the stock Group 24 that came with the boat.
    2021 Tracker 190TXW
    Mercury 115 PRO XS
    Ultrex 80lb 52” iPilot Link
    Bow Mount Humminbird Helix 10
    Cockpit Mount Humminbird Helix 9
    Mega 360
    Mega Live Target Lock

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jamokebob View Post
    What is the specific Group 31 tray will fit in a Tracker 190TXW for the cranking battery? I want to change from the stock Group 24 that came with the boat.
    I used the stock tray and cut one side off so the battery would fit.

- 2020 Bass Tracker Classic XL - SOLD
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    Vance 6" hydraulic jack plate
    24P 3 blade Ballistic XHS XL propeller
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    Garmin 126SV/93SV/73SV Livescope/ dual GT54 transducers
    DD26 motor toter
    IG: extremeboating