Putting rubber mat in bottom of 2003 zx225.. any help I can get I'll take it!

I'm getting some fiberglass cracks fixed in the bottom of my boat and it had vinyl in the bottom but looking to replace it with rubber mat. Any suggestions to get it to fit and what to use for glue! Thanks in advance. The link below is the stuff I bought to try!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07FT...b_b_prod_image

Look at a product called Black Tip. It’s used on jet skies. Holds up incredibly well. I’ve installed it for a few customers and used heavy brown paper from Lowe’s to make a pattern with.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member
    I'm looking to do the same thing with my boat. I've done the cockpit with Kiwi Grip but I'm not 100% crazy about it. I've looked at some flooring options that are cheaper than SeaDeck. I would need about $300 worth of SeaDeck (2 large sheets). I've also found some gray traction mats from McMaster Carr that would be about the same price as the material you linked. The only thing about the stuff on Amazon is it looks dark and I'd be worried about it getting really hot.

Whatever I end up using I'm pretty sure I'll use Weldwood as adhesive.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    Look at a product called Black Tip. It’s used on jet skies. Holds up incredibly well. I’ve installed it for a few customers and used heavy brown paper from Lowe’s to make a pattern with.
    I have used Blacktip as well for various jobs and am pleased with how it has held up. Crank68 - do you have any pics of your jobs? I am considering replacing my cockpit floor carpet with it.

No sir.....I’ve only used it in small tin boats and one 18’ tunnel hull. Nothin fancy but worked well and has one hell of a sticky backing.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

this is what I used and a can of super 77. it was very inexpensive

https://www.rubbercal.com/rubber-mat...ml?custcol11=6
    Impulse Rods
    Abu Garcia Reels
    Cruncher Baits
    Mizmo Baits
    Pure Fishing
    Mootsie's Sport Center
    K9 Fishing Line
    Keitech Custom Baits
    Fulks' Custom Crankbaits

How do those various rubber flooring products hold up to UV in the outdoors? Curious if they are treated for that?

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CastingCall View Post
    How do those various rubber flooring products hold up to UV in the outdoors? Curious if they are treated for that?
    I was told it's UV resistant. So far I'm loving mine. Feels good when barefoot also.
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Member
    where did you get yours g352nv?

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jab0914d1 View Post
    where did you get yours g352nv?
    Aqua turf I think it's called. Be ready for a wait. From the time they had it in their hands to ship it was eight weeks. Now add a week each way shipping.

You have to order a template kit also then make the template and send it in for them to cut it out.

11. Member
    I just did the cockpit floor of my Ranger RT-178 with the Blacktip mat this past weekend.

RT-178 FLOOR #1 resize.jpegRT-178 FLOOR #2 resize.jpeg