Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CancerKiller View Post
    Well then this is truly weird. it happened twice now and only when in reverse. When trailer not hooked up, it doesn't happen.
    Is the trailer wiring factory?
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

As stated earlier, your problem is probably in the trailer wiring harness. I had exactly the same problem with the same trailer you have. It only occurred when I backed the trailer into the water and it took me weeks to find the problem.
    This pic shows the abrasion on the wiring harness where it went through the frame near the tail light assembly. Was it the water that caused the bare spots to short; don’t know. Did the wires move around when the load changed; don’t know. But it did.
    Is this your problem? Don’t know but it is where I would start looking.

There also was abrasion where the wires passed throughthe washers welded to the frame. I repaired the abrasion and insulated each spot as in this pic.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

I'm wondering if someone has wired the White wire as the back up, and using the trailer ball as the ground. Check to see where the white wire in the trailer plug attaches to. Also, check at the truck plug to see which pin is hot when the truck is put into reverse.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

4. Member
    Thank you all very very much. I'm going to work on going over every inch of this wore this week and will report back.

5. Member
    Tow vehicle keep sblowing fuses when putting into reverse only with trailer attached. Drives fine without. 2 blown fuses in 2 weeks. All light son boat work. Something not connected? I'm scratching my head.

originally read this to mean that the fuse for the reverse circuit was blowing. which fuse is blowing when you put into reverse? what kind of 7 round to 4 flat adapter is being used? i would guess that the problem is in the adapter

6. Member
    I would blow fuses with my 2015 chevy truck if I connected the trailer when the truck lights were on.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tbone7622 View Post
    Tow vehicle keep sblowing fuses when putting into reverse only with trailer attached. Drives fine without. 2 blown fuses in 2 weeks. All light son boat work. Something not connected? I'm scratching my head.

originally read this to mean that the fuse for the reverse circuit was blowing. which fuse is blowing when you put into reverse? what kind of 7 round to 4 flat adapter is being used? i would guess that the problem is in the adapter
    single axle trailer, no brakes, 4 flat connector. Boat wa sin shop for service, just got it back and will start the process of going over all the wire.

8. Member
    single axle trailer, no brakes, 4 flat connector. Boat wa sin shop for service, just got it back and will start the process of going over all the wire.
    Take an old 4 pin connector and cut the wires off and plug into the truck and see if the fuse blows.

Quick way to determine truck or trailer wire problem.

If the problem is the trailer, spend the time and rewire the trailer rather than trouble shooting.

If there is a bad spot in wire loom or problem due to poor craftsmanship, there is likely another and not worth the time.

9. Member
    Is it a tundra?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123