Over the Hub prop on v8

I've been posting a lot lately, so I apologize for starting several threads, but this is a little different so thought I would start a new post.

As a lot of guy on here already know, (and have been helping me, thank you!!) I'm trying to set up my 20xdc Bullet with a 250R and trying to find the best set up.

So far the 29 Bravo Lab Finish has been the best performer, will need more pitch but so far that's the winner for me at least.

I'm getting ready to try a 30p over the hub prop in a couple of days. The boat may not even get on plane, but then again if it does, it could be interesting.

Has anyone tried an over the hub prop on a 4 stroke???

I'll keep you posted on the results.....

I am betting you can’t get on plane. If so, you will be on the rev limiter LOL

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    I am with 21 XDC....I tried a Hill 28 Drag 4 on my Eyra 300R and could not get out of the hole with a tournament ready boat. I know that I have a couple hundred pounds on you so you might put it off. I am with you in the fact that if you get out of the hole it is going to be a fun time. i wish that I would have gotten to that point but right at break over it would blow out and completely fall back into the water as the prop cavitated excessively. Good luck and let us know how it goes and if well.....I want to know the prop you tried.

I have also experienced the same results as you....the Bravos have performed the best so far and a Pro Max was the fastest to date.
    Elwood....Bass Cat Strong

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    2020 Mercury 300R 4S (1E081080)
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

4. Member
    Steve Bishop tan some great numbers with his 21xrd and 300r with a performer I believe

5. Member
    Performer 4 Fc is the prop you will want.

6. Member
    Bullet90, what pitch of Performer 4 Fc if you took a guess?? Is Performer made by anyone? Or is Performer the brand?

7. Member
    Performance Propeller in Soddy Daisy, TN.
    ‘17 Bullet 21 SDC ‘20 Merc 300R 1.60 SM 1E081012

8. Member
    I tried a 30pt over the hub Signature 4 blade last night. Had a lot of bow rise but didn't blow out at all. Mid range was ok, not as good as the Bravo's I've tried, conditions didn't allow me to run it out but ran 83 mph at 5800 rpm. I test with full tank of fuel, full live well, 2 guys with a tournament load. If a guy was running a light load and wanted all top end, the over hub on a v8 might be a player. Getting ready to try a fresh out of the mold 5 blade, prototype in the make.....

How did hill props come back on the scene? I guess nobody buying them for 15-20yrs they finally get forgotten

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

10. Member
    The prop I tried belongs to a prop guy who's been building props for 40 years and he had it on his 30' offshore cat with twin 300xs's, so it's been around for a while

11. Member
    In my experience on a 2 stroke the Signature ET4 runs good with a light load but looses too much top end with a full tournament load.

12. Member
    I'm guessing a 5 or 6 blade over hub might bite well enough, but I think most are cleaver style and have no bow lift.

13. Member
    My prop guy is having a 5 blade over the hub cast, he is supposed to be getting next week and he's going to work it as needed and we'll see how it goes. The blades resemble the Bravo blades and not so much like a cleaver, which I think will help. As John mentioned, the cleaver style blades don't seem to work very well.

jenninr, spot on about the load, I ran it light to start with (still had a full tank of fuel) but then went to a heavier load and the extra weight knocked it's you know what in the dirt...