Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Glanced a partially submerged log a couple years ago. The water was muddy and the wind had the water white capped. Was running around 50 and popped over a wave and there it was. I snatched the wheel and went right down the side of it. Luckily it only scuffed the hull. That's my top "oh crap" moment.
    USMC Vet!

2. Member
    I was idling into a creek I'd never been into before on the deep side according to the navionics chip and I went from 15' to seeing rocks. I shut the motor off and trimmed up and luckily only scuffed the skeg.

Was going down a channel swing bank on the main river, hooked a 8lber and then I saw the rock. Boat was in 18' of water and that rock came up to 17'6". Saw it too late and it slid all the way down the hull. Made a lovely scratch. But landed the fish

Plastered a bat to the back side of a bow unit on blast off one morning.

Had a gull come from the left side while running 79, hit the windshield, and tickled my hat as it went over my head.

Then I got broad sided by a Ranger while rigging baits waiting for blast off. Guy was playing with his phone while idling through a field of 70 boats. Hit bow eye knocked a hole in the top cap, then the hull slid down the top of it and knocked the stern light off. $3300 worth of damage, I had drawn boat #3 and had to wait until daylight to take off since I had no stern light. And the only 2 keepers I caught all day were while fishing at the ramp waiting for enough daylight to go

3. Member
    F3CB3F4A-E15E-4F24-ACE2-F6D1BE2DE6DC.jpeg
    Found this today and thought of this thread... It looks to be a boat swim platform floating in the middle of the lake, it had to have been 80+ lbs. Needless to say I’m glad I did not hit it, and nobody else will!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NHMike View Post
    F3CB3F4A-E15E-4F24-ACE2-F6D1BE2DE6DC.jpeg
    Found this today and thought of this thread... It looks to be a boat swim platform floating in the middle of the lake, it had to have been 80+ lbs. Needless to say I’m glad I did not hit it, and nobody else will!
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

5. Member
    Power loading at Oconechee on Kerr Reservoir and sucked a 3" diameter stick between the prop and Casing and the motor stopped instantly. Trimmed it up and the case was cracked with the gear sticking out.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by av View Post
    I hit a under water rock doing 40 mph in my old 18 ft cc ripped the lower unit off at the bolts the cowl flew off and sank the motor red lined and blew cause I fell I pushed the throttle wide open and this was on the first day off a fishing week I had planned
    The worst start to a fishing week ever! Glad you weren't hurt
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345