Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do the really sit that high ?

I've never fished out of a Tracker or other aluminum hull. All of my previous boats were 18' Stratos and a 20' Norris. I'm hearing that the Tracker series sits extremely high in the front when fishing. My concern is HOW high? Is it a problem? Uncomfortable? I'm really leaning towards one of them (19') because of cost and upkeep, but don't want to end up unhappy.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hair Jig View Post
    I've never fished out of a Tracker or other aluminum hull. All of my previous boats were 18' Stratos and a 20' Norris. I'm hearing that the Tracker series sits extremely high in the front when fishing. My concern is HOW high? Is it a problem? Uncomfortable? I'm really leaning towards one of them (19') because of cost and upkeep, but don't want to end up unhappy.
    I mean, yes - compared to traditional glass boats, the trackers are bow happy but not to a point where it is uncomfortable.
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Humminbird Helix 12 G4N MDI+/SI+
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

3. Member
    Yes the bow does ride higher but for me it's not an issue.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

4. Member
    Well have you ever heard someone that actually owns one complain about it? I personally have not. And everyone I know seems to think it is more of an advantage then anything. Cant speak of everyone but most that I've seen that have something to say about it owns something else and just trying to justify their purchase.
    2009 Tracker PT190
    80lb Xi5
    Dual Power Poles
    6inch Plate
    HDS
    Stainless ComancheSteering wheel
    Stainless pop-up tiedowns
    Comanche Passenger rodholder
    Boat Buckle Rod Straps
    JBL Stereo with JBL10" Marine Sub.
    150 ProXS, 25 Trophy Plus, 72mph GPS (light), 24 Fury @68mph (heavy)

Quote Originally Posted by turbocoupe View Post
    Well have you ever heard someone that actually owns one complain about it? I personally have not. And everyone I know seems to think it is more of an advantage then anything. Cant speak of everyone but most that I've seen that have something to say about it owns something else and just trying to justify their purchase.
    Actually, YES, I have heard a couple of owners complain. Most say that it causes more of a stability problem in the wind than anything else. I'm not concerned about the height factor, but rather the things that it causes (like stability in the wind). The last thing I want is something that I have to fight in the wind because of the way it sits. And I know that the lighter hull will magnify this to some degree.

And my regular fishing partner outweighs me by 65#. I know that with them on the rear deck it may make it even more pronounced.

6. Member
    Just for my understanding, when referring to "stability in the wind", you are simply referring to when you are on the trolling motor, correct? Essentially, the complaint is that the bow is being pushed by the wind. I can see that being a valid complaint but that complaint varies from person to person. I saw, go spotlock and call it a day. And that is with any boat.
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Humminbird Helix 12 G4N MDI+/SI+
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

7. Member
    Yup. You are going to a lightweight alum hull. It does not matter what the brand wind will always be a factor. My Comanche is almost 22 feet long and wind is still a factor.
    2009 Tracker PT190
    80lb Xi5
    Dual Power Poles
    6inch Plate
    HDS
    Boat Buckle Rod Straps

8. Member
    I noticed it the first time or two walking onto the deck. I have not noticed it since.

Actually, YES, I have heard a couple of owners complain. Most say that it causes more of a stability problem in the wind than anything else. I'm not concerned about the height factor, but rather the things that it causes (like stability in the wind). The last thing I want is something that I have to fight in the wind because of the way it sits. And I know that the lighter hull will magnify this to some degree.

And my regular fishing partner outweighs me by 65#. I know that with them on the rear deck it may make it even more pronounced.
    If wind movement is a concern then dont go to an aluminum boat then. No matter what brand you get they get blown around bottom like. The bow hieght was never an issue when i had mine. My dad is bigger than me and he moved all around the back and it didnt move any worse than my cousins rt 188 he had but the tracker sure rode a lot nicer. The hull design is much much better not like riding on a sheet of plywood. But you will get blown around. Part of the reason we went glass was to fish bigger lakes and get blown around less. On the choppy days we are glad we have what we have now.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    If wind movement is a concern then dont go to an aluminum boat then. No matter what brand you get they get blown around bottom like. The bow hieght was never an issue when i had mine. My dad is bigger than me and he moved all around the back and it didnt move any worse than my cousins rt 188 he had but the tracker sure rode a lot nicer. The hull design is much much better not like riding on a sheet of plywood. But you will get blown around. Part of the reason we went glass was to fish bigger lakes and get blown around less. On the choppy days we are glad we have what we have now.
    Ha, Great analogy. Always been a Ranger fan but this was one of the reasons I went Tracker!
    2009 Tracker PT190
    80lb Xi5
    Dual Power Poles
    6inch Plate
    HDS
    Boat Buckle Rod Straps

11. Banned
    But the RT fishes flat! Flat like a sheet of plywood.

Yup. You are going to a lightweight alum hull. It does not matter what the brand wind will always be a factor. My Comanche is almost 22 feet long and wind is still a factor.
    How is your PT190 almost 22 feet long?

13. Member
    No problems at all fishing out of my 190. Have owned it since September 2006. Gotten a tremendous amount of use out of it. If the wind is blowing hard enough to make fishing out of the 190 difficult you should probably not be out there in the first place! The one thing you might want to consider if you fishing in winds of 15 mph or grater is a longer shaft on the trolling motor. Great boat and you can’t beat the way it rides. If you decide to purchase one you will have no regrets.
    2007 Bass Tracker 190 TX
    20006 Mercury 90 Optimax
    Smartcraft Mercmonitor
    6" CMC Manual Jack Plate
    21" Trophy Plus Prop
    Minn Kota 80 lb Maxxum
    Humminbird 898c SI and 998c SI at Console
    Humminbird 998c SI and 1199ci HD SI at bow
    Humminbird 360 at bow
    Ethernet Linked with 5 Port Hub

14. #FRB
    One nice thing about the way a Revolution hull sits is when fishing in big rollers your chances of water coming over the front of the boat is slim to none in my experience. Put an 80lb thrust trolling motor on there WITH SPOTLOCK and punch through the wind without issue. I reach over the front deck all the time to lip fish I can't simply boat flip and it's no issue. Did have to net a 6lb flathead yesterday but it was just plain being unrulyFor my fishing style I have no issues with how the hull sits or stability for that matter. And Tracker Revolution hulls ride so soft and was a big selling point for me. The Ranger RT guys bashing Tracker are just trying to justify their purchase but when buying a boat you buy what fits YOUR needs best not someone else's needs. I really like the new layout Tracker did on the 175txw and 190tx so would be hard to not buy another Tracker when the time comes if the layout is still like it is now. The fit and finish on the more premium brands does seem to be better but for the money you really can't beat Tracker.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

Still wondering how this boat is 22 feet long? Sounds like a hull I'd like to have but have never seen.

16. Banned
    Still wondering how this boat is 22 feet long? Sounds like a hull I'd like to have but have never seen.
    A Ranger Comanche is 21'8"

Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    A Ranger Comanche is 21'8"
    His signature line says "2009 Tracker PT190".

And he also said: "Always been a Ranger fan but this was one of the reasons I went Tracker!"

Just trying to figure out what I was missing .........

His signature line says "2009 Tracker PT190".

And he also said: "Always been a Ranger fan but this was one of the reasons I went Tracker!"

Just trying to figure out what I was missing .........
    He owns 2 boats. He is saying that even tho his comanche is 22’ long (which is a RANGER boat the tracker has never been called a COMANCHE) that wind is still a factor. So if its really windy even his big boat get blown around. Not quite sure what the problem is here. Never once does it say his tracker pt190 is 22’ long.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    He owns 2 boats. He is saying that even tho his comanche is 22’ long (which is a RANGER boat the tracker has never been called a COMANCHE) that wind is still a factor.
    Got it. Didn't realize there were 2 hulls involved. Thanks for the clarification.

20. Member
    I recently added a 36" jackplate so now my 190 is about 22 feet long.
    2009 Tracker PT190
    80lb Xi5
    Dual Power Poles
    6inch Plate
    HDS
    Boat Buckle Rod Straps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast